• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Does anyone know anything about this scope?

It looks like a SFP 1" scope made in China but Pretty much everything's made in China nowdays.

Please post a review if you choose to buy it and compare it to all of your other scopes.

Probably suggest buying adjustable rings since 1" scope tubes offer less elevation adjustment than traditional common 30mm tubes at least FX No Limits adjustable rings.

I really believe Riton Company doesn't seem to even know their own products. Conflicting PDF direct from Riton website states Illuminated and users comment it's not. I have skimmed a review infomercial obviously paid advertiser like 99% YouTube's paid sponsor scope and gun video reviews state it's JAPAN but is it?

Screenshot_2020-09-09-19-45-232.1599717367.png
Screenshot_2020-09-09-19-47-012.1599717367.png
Screenshot_2020-09-09-19-46-202.1599717367.png
Screenshot_2020-09-09-19-52-39.1599717367.png
Screenshot_2020-09-09-19-52-56.1599717368.png

"I really believe Riton Company doesn't seem to even know their own products. Conflicting PDF direct from Riton website states Illuminated and users comment it's not. I have skimmed a review infomercial obviously paid advertiser like 99% YouTube's paid sponsor scope and gun video reviews state it's JAPAN but is it?"

The X-1 scope that the OP was referring to is 1", non-illuminated, SFP. I was only trying to provide some information regarding the scope line he was referring to, not addressing that particular scope. The X-3 that I own is 30 mm, IR, FFP and was used to express my personal view of Riton scopes in general. I was just giving the OP an answer to his topic that may help him with his decision in buying a scope.

In the info you provided from the Riton website it does it say that the scope is illuminated (which it is not). If you check their site now you will see that has been corrected. They do clearly indicate that it is a 1" scope tube, SFP. It also has Zero Stop turrets and is listed as an entry level scope. A very good buy with these features and magnification range.

All of the answers from Amazon users directly address the questions correctly in regards to illumination - NO, tube diameter - 1", and focal plane - SECOND. I don't see the confusion.

What may be stated in a YT video cannot be taken as gospel, as you well know. There is much false information to be found through out the Internet, and YT is no exception. As to where it is made, I cannot comment but the answer to that question on Amazon was CHINA. I have not seen a claim that they are made in Japan on the Riton site or elsewhere.

Have you looked through one of these scopes? They come with HD glass that is multi-coated, and claim that they are inspected in Tucson, AZ by their certified technicians before shipping. They are clear, bright and, to my eyes show no aberration or other typical problems of low quality glass. At this price point they are a quality optic with solid construction.

It should also be pointed out that the scopes come with a Lifetime Warranty as stated below. As this is always a major concern and bone of contention with most scope purchases on this forum.

Not repair, just replace. Flat out. That simple. As a part of the Riton Promise we believe in providing you with the best possible service, including the industry’s best warranty. The quality of our products makes this the best warranty you’ll likely never have to use; however, as hunters and outdoorsmen and women, we know that bad things sometimes happen to even the most cautious. Our warranty is simple: • No proof of purchase or registration required for your Riton products. • Lifetime warranty regardless of original purchaser. • All warranty replacements will receive a brand-new product off the shelf. We will not ever replace the product with a repaired or refurbished product. • Replacement product will be shipped within 48 hours of receiving and approving your return. Loss, theft and/or deliberately worn and damaged products are not covered. Warranty is VOID if damage results from unauthorized repair or alteration.

The Alpha 6 is still a great buy and really nice glass. You cannot beat the price, I own one. (I hate bikini covers, though - lol)

I think the Riton is sturdier and has more solid click feel and a better reticle - for me. But it is more expensive. The warranty is great, however.

I think (generally speaking) the X1 is the exact same price as the Alpha6 4.5-27x. How would you compare your Riton to the Alpha when it comes to clarity?

Thanks,

AK

Well, first off my scope is the middle tier offering from Riton. The Conquer X1 is in a different class and less expensive so I don't know if they use the same glass.

In side by side comparisons I find the two scopes equal in clarity, and brightness. The Riton wins on construction and finish, great turrets (with Zero stop), bright illumination, and the side focus is WAY easier to adjust than the Alpha 6. Also like the warranty and that you are purchasing from a U.S. Veteran business - who I'd rather give my money to.

I would just buy both from return friendly companies with the plan on just keeping the one I like better and returning the other. How Simple is that? I have simply lost count on how many scopes I have already returned that my eyes just didn't like especially at maximum zoom power which is always the first thing I adjust to maximum zoom power to get a first impression on the scopes I buy whether to keep or return.

Should have adopted that start at maximum zoom power first before because the JSAR brand scopes are definitely noticeably not as clear as the Alpha6 scopes and are different scopes that look very similar. The Discovery HD thats not as clear as the Alpha6 is clearer than the JSAR brand scope.

Oh the JSAR is like my Aztec Emeralds as a more accurate comparable glass its clear but not quite.

I shot with both scopes today. I did notice that the eye box is tight on the Alpha 6, and more lenient on the Riton which made it easier for me to get a good sight in on my targets. Also, as mentioned, the side focus knob is reeeallly hard to turn and still hasn't loosened up much with use. 

The Alpha 6 is illuminated, though - the Conquer X-1 is not, if that is an issue for you. If you can, do as Odoyle suggests and get both to compare, and send one back. Return friendly seller of course, with no re-stocking or other such penalty charges.