• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

does anyone have the Crosman vantage or the Benjamin Trail in ,22

Out of 10 shots, I keep most in the center ring of an 8" target. I'm planning on doing some more shooting this afternoon, I'll take a picture of a group of 5 or 10 shots so you can see. It is still brand new, so It's still breaking in, I expect it should improve with time and pellets down the barrel. So far I have shot less than 50 pellets.

Have a Trail NP2 in .22 for about a year and a half now. Trigger is not great and my rifle has pivot bolt issues (continues to work free despite thread locker, etc). At 20 yards I'm happy with a sub-1" group (I usually shoot 7 shot groups). 

Its been a frustrating rifle for me. Maybe moments of glory, but if I had to sum up my ownership experience I would have to say disappointing. The NP2 power plant is fantastic. I'll shoot a 15 shot string over the chronograph and I usually get single digit ES, and put out just over 21 fpe. That's PCP consistency. 

The problem is is that they coupled it with a terrible trigger and other components. Real shame. 

I bought a Weihrauch HW95 6 months later and the NP2 rarely gets shot. For about $80 more you get a less powerful (14-15 fpe) rifle, but amazing accuracy and build quality. I've killed a ton of squirrels with it. 

Good luck. 

I have the Titan which is another version of the Trail, and when I was shooting it, fliers weren't uncommon. Good gun, I like the Nitro Piston tech, but average for accuracy. Ted did a review a long time ago, 
and I believe he found the same issues. It's accurate enough, but I wouldn't go to a competition with it. He also complained about fliers if I remember correctly.

Trigger - well, I upgraded my trigger and that helped, but it's still a lousy trigger. Kind of a pure mush type thing. It works, but it's not a good trigger by any stretch. Lots of videos on how to "Fix" the trigger, but I'd avoid most of the fixes. adding rings or shims seems to risk a bit much. It is, after all, still a gun. I did the GRT II trigger, now replaced with the GRT III. Seemed to help but still mush.