Does anyone have one of these or have ever shot one?

Although I've owned most collectable airguns worth owning, I've never owned a single first-generation Air Arms springer. Decades later I'm still not sure why. Be it due to price, performance, or aesthetics, were they the do-all to end-all, or "all that", I suspect this wouldn't be the first time most readers of this thread would have heard of them.

I have no doubt they have excellent collector value. Problem is, most collectors of vintage springers have died off! Suffice to say the market is small... and shrinking!

As I recall Bobby, your and my birth-dates are only one week apart...

But I won't mention our birth year.:ROFLMAO:

Great post, Bud! (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: Arzrover
My Camargue-

180 AA Camargue.JPG

180 Camargue .177.JPG

I used to have a .22 Bora but regrettably sold it. I do still own a .22 Mistral. Really nice guns, I am just in the process of replacing the old Viking buttpad that came on mine that has decomposed with a new pachmeyer pad. Classic guns but hard to get parts for. I had the replace the loading tap lever on mine and substituted a Webley Tracker lever that has worked well.

Now that I look at mine it doesn't actually look like the Mistral in the GLA ad as it didn't come with open sights and has a nice sleek muzzle break. I think the stocks and sights etc are all that differentiate the guns as they all have the same action. There is nothing on mine that says Mistral either, just Air Arms on the top of the reciever and a serial #

IMG_20230618_144425~2.jpg

IMG_20230618_144444~2.jpg

Reactions: drpietrzak
They are solid guns, not quite as refined as the TX200 that replaced them and became the standard rifle for FT as long as springers were at the top
But good hunting rifles. All AA's rifles at that time had the same action inherited from the Sussex Arms Jackal wich looked like a generic assault rifle.

I still have my old Bora, the leather cheek pad was also de rigueur in the early 90's. The original one was eaten by mice so I had it replaced as well as the old Tasco that lost its marbles. So it's got a new lease of life.

20230202_151321.jpg

Reactions: Shuggoth