Does anyone have experience with a Diana Chaser? Looking for low-power, quiet, simple, and fun.

Half- serious

I've bought 4 of them in .22 caliber over the past 3 years. I use one and have prep'd the others for neighbors who along with me dispatch invasive-and-dangerous cane toads in our SW Florida community. It is highly dependable. Easy to load, easy to cock, light weight. very accurate to 20+ yards. Pellet friendly; when changing between lighter/heavier pellets, I found FPE stayed about the same (with FPS changing). Nice trigger. Modern, clean feel compared to the 22xx lines of guns. Dependable magazines.

Only leaks we've had are if the o-ring at the breech end of the rifle falls out. Only other problem was a power loss in one gun, but it seemed to fix itself after dismantling barrel and valve and finding too much lube from putting Pellgunoil on each new cartridge. Gets about 60 shots per cartridge. Can be fairly easily modified to shoot tank of CO2 or air for hundreds of shots per fill.

Only advice is to get the exact-same gun in the form of the Artemis CP2. Can buy it from Krale; great delivered price despite shipping from overseas. The other big advantage of buying the CP2 is that the moderator is not glued on to the long barrel so it can be easily switched back and forth between barrels. Also you get 2 magazines with the CP2 vs one with the Diana Chaser. Moderator is fairly effective; it is very loud without the moderator. With a TKO or STO moderator, the gun is very quiet.

When extended family visit and plink, they prefer the Chaser/CP2 over other guns (except a fully auto BB gun).

For max quiet in CO2 guns, you need a long barrel. The 17.7 inch Chaser/CP2 rifle barrel is much quieter than its short "pistol" barrel. The moderator quiets it further. If you find a CO2 gun with a longer barrel, it would likely be quieter but unfortunately difficult to maneuver. Hammer spring adjusters to minimize excess CO2 release don't impact noise levels that much.

Other folks might be able to comment whether the Diana Stormrider (PCP) with moderator is quieter than the Chaser. (But of course with the PCP you need a lot more "infrastructure")

Last edited:
Reactions: BanjomanMI76
I have one in 177. I find it quiet enough I don't need hearing protection in my basement ( where I use it most often). While it's a fun gun, the trigger is pretty stiff for me. But I am used to a Weihrauch HW44. My wife shoots the Chaser pellet on pellet in our 6 yard basement range (she says it's boringly accurate!) I get 4 full mags (36 shots) from a CO2 cartridge. By the way, I am 79 if that says anything.

Reactions: ThomasT
I've bought 4 of them in .22 caliber over the past 3 years. I use one and have prep'd the others for neighbors who along with me dispatch invasive-and-dangerous cane toads in our SW Florida community. It is highly dependable. Easy to load, easy to cock, light weight. very accurate to 20+ yards. Pellet friendly; when changing between lighter/heavier pellets, I found FPE stayed about the same (with FPS changing). Nice trigger. Modern, clean feel compared to the 22xx lines of guns. Dependable magazines.

Only leaks we've had are if the o-ring at the breech end of the rifle falls out. Only other problem was a power loss in one gun, but it seemed to fix itself after dismantling barrel and valve and finding too much lube from putting Pellgunoil on each new cartridge. Gets about 60 shots per cartridge. Can be fairly easily modified to shoot tank of CO2 or air for hundreds of shots per fill.

Only advice is to get the exact-same gun in the form of the Artemis CP2. Can buy it from Krale; great delivered price despite shipping from overseas. The other big advantage of buying the CP2 is that the moderator is not glued on to the long barrel so it can be easily switched back and forth between barrels. Also you get 2 magazines with the CP2 vs one with the Diana Chaser. Moderator is fairly effective; it is very loud without the moderator. With a TKO or STO moderator, the gun is very quiet.

When extended family visit and plink, they prefer the Chaser/CP2 over other guns (except a fully auto BB gun).

For max quiet in CO2 guns, you need a long barrel. The 17.7 inch Chaser/CP2 rifle barrel is much quieter than its short "pistol" barrel. The moderator quiets it further. If you find a CO2 gun with a longer barrel, it would likely be quieter but unfortunately difficult to maneuver. Hammer spring adjusters to minimize excess CO2 release don't impact noise levels that much.

Other folks might be able to comment whether the Diana Stormrider (PCP) with moderator is quieter than the Chaser. (But of course with the PCP you need a lot more "infrastructure")
Thanks for the reply. Is the barrel threaded 1/2 UNF? I assume a dedicated moderator would be quieter.

i got two of the rifle kits .. comes with everything, both barrels, shoulderstock, ldc .. thread is 10mm or something, but stock ldc is more than enough, if you need to get it off the rifle barrel for the pistol scorch it with a heatgun and grab it with a rubber strap .. theyre accurate to distances realistic to co2, 20-30 or so, extra mags are pricey considering gun cost, they can definitely use some smoothing hand work to slick them up ... might laugh, but a good match for an optic on them is a cheapo 'sniper' 4x off amazoid, using the shoulder stock, which is the best setup along with the pistola barrel ..

Reactions: rsfrid
I bought the Chaser combo kit in .177 cal for my son Christmas 2019 and it has been a good gun after fixing the barrel. The OEM (Snowpeak/SPA) has a track record of mangling the rilfing at the muzzle with a piloted crowning tool:
Chaser rifling damage.jpg

After a chop and recrown:
chopped and crowned sm.jpg

It promptly went from a scattergun to doing bughole groups at 25 yards. So plan to check for it as soon as you put your hands on it.

Beyond that, everything else has been very positive. With the rifle barrel, it holds a stable velocity of 650fps with a 7.9gr pellet (7.4fpe) for about 40 shots before it begins to tail off (temperature of 65F, allowing 15sec between shots to minimize any potential cooling effect). That's very close to 300fpe for a single 12g cartridge. Most CO2 AGs come from the factory as huge gas hogs so that was a pleasant surprise.

Like others have said, the moderator works well, aided no doubt by the efficient CO2 consumption. Absolutely backyard friendly.

I would recommend the Pistol/Rifle Kit if you were to purchase one. Would also suggest getting the Buck Rail Suppressor which has made mine back yard friendly in my preferred Carbine variant (pistol barrel and rifle stock). The previous owner of mine provided 5 magazines although I prefer the single shot tray. It is bench and off hand friendly and dispatches squirrels with ease using wadcutters. You could mount a red/green dot scope although I use a 4x32 Ruger scope. The only complaint I have is trying to find O-Rings. Good Luck finding them at the US suppliers, They don't stock. Some say to use Captain O-Ring or The O-Ring Store. I found everything I needed though at Bagnall and Kirkwood in the UK. I bought two sets of O-rings about the time the Queen died and got some timely stamps with her visage. Besides Bagnall and Kirkwood have many other parts you may need for your Chaser.

Reactions: rsfrid