• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Does anyone have a good idea for a range card?

I would have to agree with Chief mostly. If you are only shooting at one to three distances per session then sight in for them. If you are shooting at more thatn that then you need to work on a holdover or click sheet and your zero is up to you. For FT I use 30yd as my zero. I also mount my scope high so my longer(out to 55yd) click or hold overs are minimul, were as my close targets that are easier to see and range and shoot have more clicks or holdovers. I'm not a big fan of holding under.

Here is what I am talking aboot!

Great for Gopher hunting with the .22 Swift. But the same idea for air rifles. I am sure there are some programs that will print the dope chart nice and small to fit on the cap.
978a0b02672ee03811ed46d49b53c8a0.jpg

This probably isn't the place to put this, but the mods can move it if it isn't.

Chairgun is nice to have, as is Strelok, but even if you put in all of the correct data (temp, altitude, BP, etc.), the results may not equal the real-world. 

I do use Chairgun, and what it gives me I use as a starting point since I shoot and hunt at high altitudes (>3,000 feet). To get dead-on, I travel out to the range, and use a lot of air and pellets. This also gives me a chance to determine what the mil dot spacings represent at a magnification I prefer to shoot at (other than say 10X).

And personally... If you're in a shooting contest, I suspect range cards are a very important attribute to have. But in the field while hunting, range cards are a nuisance! And so is fiddling with the scope elevation! That's the reason I go to the range to make sure I know exactly where the pellet is going to hit, at any reasonable distance, and use the mil dots to get there. And ask yourself this question. When's the last time you watched Ted fiddle with a range card or adjust his scope while plinking pigeons?