• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Does anyone do repairs on Edgun Matadors?

Do you have an R5M Matador? I know you're asking who does repairs but have you thought about taking it upon yourself to fix it? You would be surprised at how easy they are to take apart. Go to the EDgun West website and look up the o-ring specs. Go to YouTube and search under EDgun West or EDgun and you'll see all the videos on how to diagnose the problem for leaks.

My Edgun Matador does not hold air. It goes from a full air charge to zero in about 2 weeks if I let it sit after the fill.

You might start with looking at the EDMU gauge..it has an internal o-ring that is notorious for "slow leaks". If you have a spare Wika gauge laying around, it would be a easy swap out and check if it is the EDMU.

You might also check to see if the two pressure release screws are tight..there's one in the front of the tube (easy access) and one in the back underneath the fill-port cover(not easy access)

https://edgun.ru/upload/iblock/b99/b997da9e23bc07a49c88a606f3c4f94d.pdf

There's only a limited amount of o-rings under high pressure in that system. If you have ruled out the bleed screw as being the culprit, then it's probably one of those o-rings. In some cases, it can be a damaged valve poppet (which may or may not cause erratic MV numbers shooting over a chrono).

If you wind up needing a new valve, shoot me a message (I have a couple of new spares or I could make a beefier one with stronger materials). Also, be careful not to over-tighten that bleed screw!