Does anybody no anything about this air rifle?

Norica Omnia ZRS Air Rifle, Wood Stock​

Interesting?

There's actually a lot of real world info on this rifle.
Found three reviews on Youtube. Airgun Detective, Airgun web, and Airgun channels
1.Airgun detective shot a 0.22 caliber and reported a 0.36 inch grouping at 20 yards. (and he hit a 2.5 inch pellet container at 40 yards, it's a shame that he doesn't report any group size at 40 yards for I think any of his reviews)
2.Airgun web...shot a 0.22 caliber and didn't report a group size. but assuming that he was using a 4 inch shoot and see...he's averaging 2 inch at 30 yards in windy conditions.
3.Airgun channels ...shot a 0.177 and no clue what the group size were as he didn't provide any measurements. Looked small at 19 yards two five shot groups all touching. At 31 yards, his group really opened up... to about 8 pellets length ...if I had to guess...1.4 inches at 31 yards.

Pyramyd air Blog, BB Pelletier reported a "Today the Omnia rifle put 10 JSB Exact RS pellets into a 0.377-inch group at 25 yards." But if you look at the picture of the grouping he posted...it looks bigger than a 0.377" group. Closer to a 0.5" group for my eye if you measure CTC like he does. Even at 0.5"/25 yards, it's not a bad group and comparable to the grouping reported by Airgun detective.
1703254408161.png

Conclusion (without actually shooting the gun and testing for accuracy)
Seems to group fine under 20 yards. Around 30 yards to 40 yards (and beyond?), the grouping may only be accurate enough to plink a big soup can. Field target accuracy past 30 yards? probably not. Hunting squirrel size target past 30 yards...head shots vs gut wounding/maiming the animal? I wouldn't do it (until there's longer distance data) as there are more accurate products at that price point.

My minimum criteria for an accurate field target rifle is 1" grouping at 38 yards (or a Troyer of 38) and trigger pull that can be safely adjusted to under 12 oz for recoiling springers.

But the potential for insane accuracy is there. I suspect the Norica barrel and trigger may be limiting factors. Imagine if you could shove a R9 action or a TX200 action into that anti-recoiling stock. That combo could potentially elevate this platform to PCP level accuracy.

Last edited: