• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Does Airmarksman Backbone rail resolves FX Impact POI shift issues?

I think because POI shifts can be linked to several things, a backbone can’t cure all of them. Of the three M3‘s I own, only one of them has a backbone on it. It’s a high power slug shooter with about a 610mm barrel. My 500mm slug shooter does not have an aftermarket backbone. Over the course of the shots I can shoot between cleanings, it not uncommon for me to have to make slight corrections to my POI at some point with both guns. Because they are so accurate, it might take a couple clicks from time to time to put me back on the money. My pellet shooting 500mm is better but it’s not immune to needing a click or two because of temperature change or the choke starting to get dirty. I’ve never experienced big POI changes while shooting or the guns being way off for some reason when I start shooting them. Those kinds of issues are definitely not backbone problems. The backbone is just trying to get the last couple percent out of a gun if you notice flex issues. I did with my 600mm gun but not with my 500mm guns. Hope this helps.

Reactions: saitama
Thank you friends. In fact when I read that backbone makes Impact sturdy, my 1st thought was that it might be a cure for many Impact users who complain that POI shifts.

That is why I asked this question. I see that since the Impact has been marketed many years ago, some users always complain change in POI.

Later Ernest Rowes installing carbon fiber gave indication that there would be some issue with some shooters and guns for which carbon fiber sleeve would be a fix.

Later we saw barrel holder and tensioned barrel system. Some users liked it and some didn't.

When I read that backbone makes tye gun sturdy, I thought it might be the game changer and with the sturdy gun, there would not be change in POI.

But looks like it's not.

In fact a hunter who uses Impact often complains me about change in POI.

Now he has gone to the extent that he is going to try AGT guns to see it he faces same issues with them or not.

I thought if backbone helps fixing POI change, I would suggest him to try it.

Any how, can the users of Impact who face POI shift chime in and share their solutions please!

Bhaur

Reactions: saitama