• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Does a larger plenum on your regulator really make a difference?

I think he was saying that plenum is no good because you hollowed out the fitting crooked and off center. If the gun dropped that fitting could shear that would be the fail point not the plenum body. Although I don’t know or care what the inside of plenum looks like. 

I won’t encourage anyone to make a fitting do something it’s working pressure isn’t rated for. That includes drilling it like that. A female carbon steel fitting that size is around 450 bar, but what if some new guy grabs brass it’s like 210 bar and then drills it?

airgun 101 easily explains that plenums work

I have 5 years of finite element analysis to my credit. 

I do agree that the sticky should be updated NOT Deleted, on GTA if Paul’s stuff has been independently tested.

If you read his responses, his issues had nothing to do with my plenum. Initially, he said be careful. But then he started talking about the Texan reg failure. He started saying things that were presumptive. When I pointed that out, he decided to launch a defamation campaign against me. He started sayin things like "Nothing you just said is right". And that plenum you made proves you don't know anything about pressure. Those statements are presumptive and erroneous, and they're a huge over-reach. They are classic displays of emotion trumping logic. Case and point..... Motorhead responded about the bolt with the hole drilled in it. Then he explained his reasoning. To which I replied, I hear you brother. This was V1 of the plenum. The next one will be built differently, to tighter tolerances. His reply was logical, and made sense. That goes to show I'm not closed minded, nor do I seek out a conflict. But when arguing with someone who lets emotion dictate their rebuttals, I'd rather be right than happy. So if he needs the last word.... He can have it.

Yes be careful your plenum is deadly dangerous. Your hole is offcentered and there is no material left and also you cant rely on welded structures without hydrotesting it.. There simply is no marging of error when it comes to expanding gasses.

I see red everytime someone protects ppl who have nearly killed someone after cashing out on badly designed dangerous product and lack of safetymargings required.

You can get away with sharp angles and flat base if you take that into consideration and make material much beefier than it is required with round corners and bases that devide force effecting on them on much wider area. That regulator didnt and also wasnt tested as it should and thats unforgivable lack of respect towards other ppl life or health and there is zero reason to protect such behaviour. 

You kinda started hostality by first saying failure was due user abuse and that wasnt the case. You can defend your buddy as much as you like but Im not gonna let BS like that slip. Im not gonna lose my sleep if he goes out of buisness.. If he cant get his testing done its actually really good thing and will mostlikely save someones life.

It is unbeliavable how many bad accidents there needs to be before ppl get it that high pressure metal capsule rupturing near your body is as dangerous as hand granade and if we gonna keep these on hands of private ppl we dont really need any idiots killing them selfs with such way.

I have 12year experiense with hydraulic systems, pressure testing and heavy duty mobile hydraulic systems and Im also reserved military gunsmith.

But yeah do what you wish im out peace no harsh feelings.