• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Do you wear your Reading glasses while using a scope?

a novice question, but i was wondering how many of you wear your readers while shooting?
I was doing some chrony work and writing some notes when i looked into the scope with my readers and noticed how blurry it was. I know my eyes are weaker, but wow..that was shocking.
I re-adjusted the reticle to be clear while the glasses are on, and i prefer it this way.
But, while i wear the glasses, everything down range blurs....bi-focal safety glasses?
Opinions and suggestions for eyewear?
Mike

my eyes are the same way, red dots work perfectly with my glasses and rets are much easier to get clear ... you learn to use optics that work with your eyes, some dont, once i found a decent scope that worked great with my eyes i got like 6 of them lol .. glasses are too much of a tactical disadvantage for pesting for sure .. if it was just on the bench, its not such a big deal ...

my eyes are the same way, red dots work perfectly with my glasses and rets are much easier to get clear ... you learn to use optics that work with your eyes, some dont, once i found a decent scope that worked great with my eyes i got like 6 of them lol .. glasses are too much of a tactical disadvantage for pesting for sure .. if it was just on the bench, its not such a big deal ...
i agree ..i do mostly bench, so slipping them on an off is not as big a disadvantage compared to hunting

If you like looking through your scope with your readers, but don't like the down range fuzzies....then buy some magnification lens safety glasses and swap out the left lens for a clear. Your right eye will see close and you can see long with your left. I used this setup shooting competition pistol. It works great. I can look and see what brand safety glasses allowed me to do this later. Just buy a pair of each magnification plus clear and you can mix and match to get the perfect setup. Your brain gets used to it very quickly.

Mike

I wear Rx progressive bifocals. I leave my glasses on while shooting, that way I can set the diopter where it needs to be, and I can see my target in focus too. I'm due for a new prescription. This time I'm going to bite the bullet and buy two pair, one with the magnification on the bottom, and the other pair with the magnification on top. That way when I'm shooting a pistol, I don't have to compromise my posture by tilting my head back to see the front sight on the gun.

I wear Rx progressive bifocals. I leave my glasses on while shooting, that way I can set the diopter where it needs to be, and I can see my target in focus too. I'm due for a new prescription. This time I'm going to bite the bullet and buy two pair, one with the magnification on the bottom, and the other pair with the magnification on top. That way when I'm shooting a pistol, I don't have to compromise my posture by tilting my head back to see the front sight on the gun.
When you do that please post a thread on how it works out. I am in the same boat and have been on the fence whether to buy the second pair or not.

Reactions: manabeknives
When you do that please post a thread on how it works out. I am in the same boat and have been on the fence whether to buy the second pair or not.
I shoot quite a bit rimfire and 9mm. A lot of shooting instructors advocate bi-focals with the magnification on top. As I've gotten older and my eyes have degraded, my target acquisition and groups have gotten worse. It's a no-brainer for me.

I shoot quite a bit rimfire and 9mm. A lot of shooting instructors advocate bi-focals with the magnification on top. As I've gotten older and my eyes have degraded, my target acquisition and groups have gotten worse. It's a no-brainer for me.
That you do have both types of glasses for shooting pistol. But I need to wear my glasses for hunting. And of course for scopes since I can’t shoot rifles without a scope any more and hit anything.