Do you watch youtubers?

I watch em and what amazes me there is never a bad review on any of the rifles.

Never

I know the groups shot are cherry picked.
Don't be amazed. Nobody gets paid for writing honest reviews. The only ones making money are the ones who are bought and paid for.

I once ran a fishing forum just because I loved fishing. This was relatively early in terms of the internet. Never tried to make money from it.

It WAS the most popular fishing forum in my area at the time.

Of course, now it is gone. I couldn't afford to keep it going for free, so instead of corrupting my principles... I killed it... so to speak. (heavy sigh)

Yep, I have principles, morals and ethics that I actually live by. I can't be bought to lie for anyone. (smile)

And this is why I will remain poor until I die...

Last edited:
Reactions: mercado
I do and I hate it. Problem is everyone is on that platform. I try to watch what I can on rumble but still have to put up with the YouTube and it’s 100% liberal ads. I have also grown to despise YouTube shorts. Ugh, you get a notice that a channel you like has a new video out and it’s just some dumb AF 1 minute clip. So annoying.
Stop seeing those ads:

Reactions: Trucker3573
I watch em and what amazes me there is never a bad review on any of the rifles.

Never

I know the groups shot are cherry picked.
You’ve obviously never watched my channel. 😂
This gun actually shoots extremely well. But the groups are real, including the flyers. Now, look around for that one (review) special gun that needed to be FiXed, but sadly it never was right for me.

Why bite the hand that feeds you? If you get paid or even a free gun for giving a review, it's going to be a good review. I would guess the guns they review have been cherry picked with the best barrels as well. I watch them just to see the gun. Ted is the only one to influence me to buy a gun, an edgun when they were almost impossible to buy about 10 years ago.
So...they're not truthful reviews.

I like a couple dozen channels. I do come across some that I dislike very much.

What I value in a review?
Entertainment: Is the video actually entertaining?
Quality: Is the video and audio of good quality?
Detailed: Are they providing actual information about the airgun?
Honestly: Are they doing their due diligence in testing the airgun or product? Are they pointing out the pros and cons of the platform? Do they have the consumer in mind? Are they being honest?

For reviews that is the content I find most valuable.

For informative videos that are not reviews I generally tend to like hunting videos where I see the airgun in real world conditions.

There is a lot of solid content creators in this industry and I am lucky to learn from many of them. Over this last year I have been personally helped by dozens of the persons I've recorded with, and I am forever grateful for their patience, generosity, and knowledge.

Just some reflections I suppose.
-Atlas Airguns Podcast

He was the one that did the video about pellet stability, literally rubbish from start to finish. That was why I persuaded Jim Tyler to use his Airgun Technical section in Airgun World to write an article showing how it really works.
Can I ask you a link about that, sir? About the article, if it exist on the web, of course.

Last edited:
Can I ask you a link about that, sir? About the article, if it exist on the web, of course.
The article was in the July 2019 Airgun World. There are a few places where you can download the magazine for free, though they are usually slow download speeds. This is a site I have used occasionally, which has not caused any problems, but the free download is slow.

This is another one which may be quicker.

I have used them, but obviously cannot guarantee their safety.

Reactions: SupremaRatio
Seeing as modern TV is garbage, online informational videos are a must. Not a fan of youtubes politics, but there are some interesting channels.

Laura Farms, This Farm Wife, Squatch253, Western Truck and Tractor Repair, Patara's Appalachian Homestead and Test Farm are a few. Some have crossed over to Rumble, So I watch them there.

Be safe,

J~

Either or both. (y)

Oops... just saw the links you provided. Well... neither worked for me.
They work fine here, I checked them. I found them just by doing a search for downloads of that particular magazine, so there should be others which hopefully work for the US. If not, all I can do is post the original threads that the article was based on.

They work fine here, I checked them. I found them just by doing a search for downloads of that particular magazine, so there should be others which hopefully work for the US. If not, all I can do is post the original threads that the article was based on.
OK... your security for your personal system(s) is much lower than mine.

Thanks!

In addition to those mentioned I also highly recommend

Aim Small

Gert is very methodical in testing different pellets with different velocities and varying rifles. I've learned a ton about the complexities of matching a pellet, a velocity and a barrel. Gert meticulously brackets groupings across speed ranges and it illustrates very clearly that 40 FPS can be all the difference in getting pellets to group.

It is my favorite example for people asking if a chrony is worth having, as it illustrates exactly why.

Reactions: Bigragu