• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Do you watch youtubers?

yLxCzlC.png

I am with this on Dana and Steve, in depth reviews with real world thoughts. I like Ricks videos as well for the fun factor and trick shots, hes a marksman for sure, I just don't base what I am going to buy off his videos, for obvious reasons.

Dubber is probably the one I can't stand, his older stuff was good, now its all a gimmick despite his knowledge.
Yup he could just lie to you face..like nothing is happening..I think that if it wasn't for him..I probably buy a FX..he has told pretty untruthful things about othe gun manufacturers without his sponsor put him a stop..

Last edited:
Dubber is probably the one I can't stand, his older stuff was good, now its all a gimmick despite his knowledge.
He was the one that did the video about pellet stability, literally rubbish from start to finish. That was why I persuaded Jim Tyler to use his Airgun Technical section in Airgun World to write an article showing how it really works.

Reactions: rigbymauser
I watch em and what amazes me there is never a bad review on any of the rifles.

Never

I know the groups shot are cherry picked.
Why bite the hand that feeds you? If you get paid or even a free gun for giving a review, it's going to be a good review. I would guess the guns they review have been cherry picked with the best barrels as well. I watch them just to see the gun. Ted is the only one to influence me to buy a gun, an edgun when they were almost impossible to buy about 10 years ago.

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
It really has to be more than that ..or he has investors as friends..because their airgun store than opened in SA. with the slug manufacturing capacity..has to cost..a lot of $$$$%
Last I looked it up and forgot where it was it said it was around that, but who knows if that took into account everything

Yes, all the reviews are always good, but some of the reviewers just won’t post if they have a bad gun. As it was said, can’t bite the hand that feeds them.

At least one of the reviewers that I have talked with on multiple occasions told me that you didn’t see “xxxx” gun reviewed on his channel, even though he was given one to test. He only posts the good ones, to keep the supply coming for testing. The more I thought about it, it made a lot of sense.

Reactions: Vortecsix
Wonders if there's some youtubers I may not be aware of. What are some of the channels you watch?

I'm a big fan of the AAR channel. His Leshiy reviews is what pushed me over the cliff into the world of PCP rifles. That, and the Edgun Leshiy "squirrel snuff videos" channel. While the Edgun Leshiy channel is fairly one-note it's excellent advertising.

I've watched some for specific videos on a gun I'm curious about, like Airgun Detective or AAR or AEAC. There's a lot of channels though where some people just hold a gun and talk about it in very non-specific terms. No shooting or testing. Which I don't find helpful. There are a fair amount of good how to do things, that I like. The AoA and American Airgunner have some interesting stuff, but mainly I'm trying to find a thing, more than a personality. Though, I really like the Heinz Reinkemeier instructional videos.

Anymore the main thing I watch on youtube is ISSF 10m matches. For some reason, I can't get enough of those. Though often I wish the camera work and score presentation was better and sometimes the rules and formats change and I have to figure out what they're doing. But yeah, love that stuff.

Reactions: Mg616
I do and I hate it. Problem is everyone is on that platform. I try to watch what I can on rumble but still have to put up with the YouTube and it’s 100% liberal ads. I have also grown to despise YouTube shorts. Ugh, you get a notice that a channel you like has a new video out and it’s just some dumb AF 1 minute clip. So annoying.

Reactions: BackStop