Do you shoot using safety glasses?

My everyday prescription glasses are safety (Z51) and they are worn all the time (no side shields).
I've found its easier not to have to carry and switch back and forth between regular and safety several times a day.
For some shooting I'll wear the removable lens type of shooting glasses. They have the optical center of the prescription moved to center up better with a a mounted shotgun.

After reading some of the horror stories on this thread I want to share this. I was trying out a new to me pistol range with my 357 powder burner way back when. I had the range to myself and while shooting I kept thinking that I was hearing sounds after my shot, a couple of times to my right and once behind me. On the next shot something hit the front of my boot. I told the guy in the office about it, it turned a little... well let me just say he wouldn't give me my fee back and I never went back there again. The next time I was in the area it was boarded up.

I believe it's crucial to shoot using safety glasses, and it's a practice I've followed from the start. Protecting our eyes should always be a priority, especially when handling firearms where debris, shell casings, or even ricochets could pose a risk.
Full Source offers a wide range of safety glasses, including styles specifically designed for shooting. Their glasses come in different lens colors and frame designs to suit various preferences and shooting environments. Investing in a good pair of safety glasses is a small price to pay for the peace of mind and protection they provide.

Last edited:
I wear glasses so I always wear them. Have no problem with scopes, just adjust the reticle focus.

IMG_0305.gif

Reactions: Northwoods22
Abso-freakin'-lutely. I know someone who lost the use of his dominant eye due to a freak shooting accident. He was shooting a powder burner, but the same sort of thing could happen with an airgun. The risk of not using eye protection is high (perhaps not in likelihood, but in consequences), and the 'reward' is low.
Just do it!

GsT

Reactions: Treefrog
Usually yes. I wear either safety glasses or my sunglasses, which have better quality lenses. Sometimes when the light conditions degrade I take them off for a few shots, but ONLY if it is a paper or cardboard target.

I found out that lead pellets do ricochet, oh yes they do! The target might be hard plastic or a pinched section of can but some pellets can ricochet if they hit the target at a certain angle. Even flimsy soda cans can bounce back a pellet if it hits a pinched area or just inside the rim where the surface is concave.

People posted all kinds of ricochet mishaps or near-mishaps in a thread I made here about ricochets. (As you might guess, the most dangerous incidents involved PB bullets, but there was plenty of damage done by pellets, too.) Closest call I had was a pellet that flew back towards me at a slight angle, missing by probably only a foot or two. It hit a wall and I found the pellet on the porch floor.

The safety glasses don’t cost much.