• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

do you shoot alone?

I shoot at my friends place, as otherwise i would have to play sniper in a belltow,,,, apartment window, which i am sure would be frowned upon.
I can not go to a shooting club, CUZ those here are not like a shooting club or range in the US, also what i shoot ( bench rest ) are pretty much not a form of shooting practised in any clubs here.

We have at times brought our rifles to remote places where we use to fish a lot, and that was a success, but it is public land, and i am pretty sure you are just 1 butt hurt person away from getting a visit from the police.

Though i could also be wrong, in the middle 00s i did stunt driving on my quad bike on a path / road on the harbour in the #2 largest Danish town, and there was lot of people there and companies ASO, but no one ever complained.
Of course i was always very considerate, so when a dog walker or just people on a walk came by i paused my activities as any decent man would do.
Some times i also gave peoples kids a ride on the back of the quad bike, nothing frisky of course but little kids was over the moon, so in my book win - win.

Anyway my friends place, well i am often alone as my friend can not financially keep up with my fire rate, so some days he do other free things and i dispence of 2-3 tins of .177 stuff, so 1000 shot sessions are far from uncommon with me.
Thats okay too, i am a big boy that can easy play alone, actually i am used to it, CUZ very often what i want to do, not many other do in the country, either CUZ it is a marginal thing, or ( hush hush ) some times it have also been illegal CUZ many forms of fun are on the naughty list in Denmark.

I however reserve the right to have any kind of fun i like to, as long as it is not at any kind of expence of other people.
And i am willing to pay whatever i have to pay in a scenario like that, occupational risk or hobby risk if you like.

Last edited:
I am lucky, I shoot at my friends house. We recycle a lot of cans.

IMG_1817.jpeg

This lays waste to the theory that air gunning is getting too popular. The overwhelming percentage of responders here are solo shooters and hunters. If this sport was so damned popular we would all have someone to shoot with.
Reality is this is still a niche sport and the woods ain’t over run with air gunners.
I would gladly share my sport with anyone willing to give it a try. I have taken several people out shooting and pesting trying to get some converts and potentially some shooting buddies.
Not one has taken. Even though they all enjoyed it, none have taken it up.
Regardless, I enjoy my air gun time just fine by myself. My wife will shoot with me occasionally and will even go to the feed lot with me from time to time. But the vast majority of the time I am shooting AG’s, is by myself.

This lays waste to the theory that air gunning is getting too popular. The overwhelming percentage of responders here are solo shooters and hunters. If this sport was so damned popular we would all have someone to shoot with.
Reality is this is still a niche sport and the woods ain’t over run with air gunners.
I would gladly share my sport with anyone willing to give it a try. I have taken several people out shooting and pesting trying to get some converts and potentially some shooting buddies.
Not one has taken. Even though they all enjoyed it, none have taken it up.
Regardless, I enjoy my air gun time just fine by myself. My wife will shoot with me occasionally and will even go to the feed lot with me from time to time. But the vast majority of the time I am shooting AG’s, is by myself.
I believe the reason so many shoot alone is because of the convenience of simply shooting in “one owns backyard ’. Which is one of the primary attributes of airgunning to the majority…

I believe the reason so many shoot alone is because of the convenience of simply shooting in “one owns backyard ’. Which is one of the primary attributes of airgunning to the majority…
Could well be. I just assumed if there were that many air gunners we would occasionally run into them. I have not outside the local shop here.

Reactions: L.Leon
I shoot alone with only the local doe & fawns for company. Don't mind that, sessions are at random whenever the mood takes me anyway.

Think that Luis hit it right on - quick shooting sessions in the backyard is what airgunning is all about. The PB guys tend to concentrate at the shooting ranges, with AGs we don't have to.

I'm blessed to be retired in a rural area with a 128 yard shooting range in the back yard with the bench 10 steps from the basement door.

I shoot mainly alone. I only have just under 10 yards available across my patio, so I sit and stack pellets and work on trigger control from an open class seated FT position.

When I need distance, same thing, usually alone. But then I have specific needs to address.

Otherwise, I shoot with the guys every Tuesday morning at our TRAC matches. We could have as few as 6 or as many as a dozen or more. not sure if it is the cameraderie or the shooting that draws us together each week, but we do get to shoot a full 48-shot FT match, swap jokes, swap lies, heckle each other, you know, the usual stuff.

We call it our adult (questionable) mental health group therapy sessions.

Much better than sitting at home and looking at the endless honey-do list.....

Reactions: L.Leon
Wow I'm shocked. I expected most to say with someone for some reason. I myself also shoot alone. Very very rarely ever with someone else. Again as others mentioned it's a convenience just to do it whenever I can. But that's maybe 2 to 3 times a week I'll shoot pigeons for 10 to 15min. That's about it. Did get my uncle and cousins into it though. Between them and there kids they I think have 9 PCPs??? And my parents but they haven't shot them in quite some time. Just too busy to have time for that. However fishing I will rarely ever go alone. But that's alot different as that's a planned thing. Shooting for me never is.

I enjoy shooting my air rifles, I also enjoy shooting Trap at my gun club, mostly I shoot my air guns in my backyard air gun range usually with my youngest son (50 yrs. old) who is an avid air gunner, I shoot Trap at the club with my oldest son ( 63 yrs. old), I very seldom shoot alone, I'm a people person ;), and I'm 81 yrs. old.

I used to shoot with my son until he got deep into sports at school. Now I truly enjoy my time shooting by myself. Between my 25 yard setup, my 35 yard setup and also a 55 yard set up as well that occupies my time sufficiently. Actually in wait mode for possum and setting up a 100 yard setup soon as I stop being lazy. Shoot a few time during the week and definitely on the weekends. Matter of fact..... I need to order some pellets! Love this community

Reactions: maxtrouble