do you shoot alone?

Most of the gun guys I know don't really want to spend hours shooting on a regular basis and how could you afford it with PBs these days anyway. Myself, I've got a 100 yard range set up at my mother's house and I'll go visit once or twice a week and spend the day shooting, tinkering and fixing things around her place. I'll shoot for 1/2 an hour or so then work on something then back to shooting and back again until it gets dark.

Thats me all the way Since I lost my wife five years ago, we did everything together based on everything but it’s me now
While I enjoy doing all the setup and what I call the admin part of creating perfect dope, I greatly enjoy the social aspect of field target…the people are great, very knowledgeable, and very helpful.
To encourage the FT sport I’m constantly inviting people to come try their hand at field target - even using my equipment.
If the sport interests them I’ll help them find a gun/scope and help them set it up.
Love watching the look on someone’s face the first time they knock Down a 🎯 target

Ol' ruff likes to hang when I shoot. I just wish he was not so critical of my shots ..

watching the treetops.jpg

Reactions: .20calguy
While I enjoy doing all the setup and what I call the admin part of creating perfect dope, I greatly enjoy the social aspect of field target…the people are great, very knowledgeable, and very helpful.
To encourage the FT sport I’m constantly inviting people to come try their hand at field target - even using my equipment.
If the sport interests them I’ll help them find a gun/scope and help them set it up.
Love watching the look on someone’s face the first time they knock Down a 🎯 target
Wish there was something like that in Iowa and I bet Iam not the only one

Reactions: SteveV
Took the most likely buddy of mine shooting at maybe 25 feet. We took turns with my two AGs. I would knock everything down and he hit none, zero, nada. He decided he didn’t like shooting. But in all fairness, I was taught by a marine when I was younger and almost made expert with the m1, and he had never shot. But there was so much he was doing wrong it was hard to teach him, not a natural at all. I live in the sticks far from a range, So I shoot alone for now. He and I just go exploring the mountains together and find places for breakfast and lunch too.
The wife has no interest. The daughter shot once at a range years ago and that was enough for her, even though she shot really well.

I shoot alone, I have targets at 50 and 70 yards. I can get 100 if I go to the shop and shoot across the yard. I have some buds that live in town and they shoot some but they don’t drive out here to shoot. I hard to find guys crazy enough to spend big bucks on BB guns 😉
There in lies my biggest challenge here in North Central Arkansas," hard to find guys crazy enough to spend big bucks on BB guns"
I have introduced several shooters to PCP's. They are amazed and ready to commit until they ask the killer question.
"So, How much does one of those cost anyway?' There endeth the lesson.

I will keep trying to lure more innocents down the rabbit hole.

Doc