Do you remove suppressor when transporting gun in soft case?

My Uragan no longer fits in the soft side carry bag it came in, or in my other soft bag I have carried it in previously, now that I have my Sumo suppressor. I prefer not to remove it in case I could have any POI shift if I reattach at my destination, although not sure if that occurs. Curious if others have experienced POI shift when reattaching a suppressor.

I probably need to be looking for a longer bag, which would need to be around 40 to 44”.

MY marauders in bull pup form need the supp. removed just because I prefer the shorter soft case. My cricket carbine in the hard case also has to be removed but that box is long - to long for me no POI shift with it .The others I mentioned I use hunting so I always check before going into the field they seem to only be a few clicks off but not much could I shoot them ? yes but I prefer to be dead on for head shots Makes sence to check in the field when hunting only takes a few minutes imo . other words I believe you will only be a few clicks off if any at all from my experience .

Well I was just trying to cover all the bases and leave something that applies generally for others who may be reading along. For example, I don’t know how the moderator attaches to this particular model, nor would I know if it had been modified or rebarreled. Paying attention to how it’s indexed will cover those that are a slip fit with a set screw, or a collet, or those that have a barrel tensioning provision.

I have a Neil Clague Moderator on my Prod. I have to remove it every time I fill the gun with air. I have no POI change 

1583640147_1857296295e646e53c11d49.57337505.jpeg

Well I was just trying to cover all the bases and leave something that applies generally for others who may be reading along. For example, I don’t know how the moderator attaches to this particular model, nor would I know if it had been modified or rebarreled. Paying attention to how it’s indexed will cover those that are a slip fit with a set screw, or a collet, or those that have a barrel tensioning provision.

You are absolutely correct.

Being an Uragan I assumed it would screw on. My apologies.

In my experience, any type of moderator, regardless of how it attaches, can cause a POI change when removed and reinstalled. In some applications, you may notice no change, in others it can be significant. Even when screwed on, as close as possible to the same depth, tension can change. Again, depending on the rifle, this may or may not cause a noticeable change in POI. If the moderator has to be removed for travel, then so be it. If I were traveling a short distance for hunting, I would leave it on and pack it carefully in the car.

Me personally , Just my preference here everyone is free to do what ever they want of course. I always try to leave everything the same and I personally have no desire to change up or add on anything once it is ready. I agree with 

Even if I have to buy another case that fits properly . There are enough things that can happen with my personal gear as is, (in my opinion haha) with out adding the chance of anything else to the equation. I just prefer the better safe than sorry myself . You and everyone are free to disagree of course with no hard feelings at all. To each there own. This is just my silly Opinion and how i personally see it , in hopes that maybe it helps someone a little 😅

And yes I too always check zero in the field before starting out just as a precaution and from past experiences and preference for me lol. I have jostled my airgun in the vehicle on pig trail backroads and missed my first shot . This is why I changed my habits lol.

Best wishes to all👍

I just felt the need to add this as not to offend anyone. Not all airguns are built alike as we all know lol. Even though it may or may not be an issue for this particular setup IMHO there are those rigs where the barrel can become very sensitive to movement or changes and then there are others that you can crank on and have no poi shifts what so ever (as was the EdGun r5 supermag I owned briefly (silly me lol)) As we all know I just chose to skip it with all of them and play it extra safe. I hope i said this correctly. 

Scott in NC😁

I don’t remove mine and when I have I always reconfirm my zero. I don’t trust that the gun would keep the same POI. A few sighter shots at your destination. Them have at it. No problems either way.

Problem is, that can be difficult in a hunting situation, especially if arriving at the woods in the early morning. But always a good idea if feasible. 

I don’t remove mine and when I have I always reconfirm my zero. I don’t trust that the gun would keep the same POI. A few sighter shots at your destination. Them have at it. No problems either way.

Problem is, that can be difficult in a hunting situation, especially if arriving at the woods in the early morning. But always a good idea if feasible.

I agree which why I don’t remove mine. Can’t wait for your impressions of the XR.

I don't carry rifles around in soft cases very often but LCD on vs off would pretty much come down to how secure the barrel is, the added leverage an LDC would add, and of course how well it securely attached. The Uragan is pretty stout but the in stock configuration the LDC attaches to the shroud. So shroud plus LDC is like 20" of unsupported length. I'd remove the LCD especially since haven't seen any shifts I could blame on taking it on/off/on.

I do transport it in a soft case for ease, but that's only a walk from my cave to the car, not around the woods....

When I go from home to my club, I usually use my soft-case-backpack for transport.. 
Whether it's my powder burners or air rifles, I leave all of the components attached.. 
Bipods, Scopes, Suppressors, etc. I've never experienced a single issue.

Back to removing suppressors and possible POI changes..

I have like 10 airguns and a few suppressors.. A few Ronins and an Emperor V3.. 
I'll swap suppressors around on guns every once in a while - depending on what I'm shooting.. 
[This is a necessity for me since I shoot indoors a lot and live in a residential area]

95% of the time, I see no changes in POI. I have seen it though.. 
Barrels/Shrouds and suppressors have relatively course threads, so they can't seat 100%, 100% of the time.
I remember having to index the suppressors on 1 or 2 of my rifles or else I'd notice two annoying things.. 
1 - I'd see a POI change. and even worse, 2 - I'd see pellet clipping. *Ouch*

A trick I use for that is - either use an O-ring or washer to get the threads tight
while also getting the suppressor true w/ the barrel / projectile.

😊👍 

Sam -