• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Do you like wood or laminate on Weihrauch HW97K?

I've got the laminate. It's actually a Special Edition where they used a laminate 77 stock. Usually with Weihrauch the laminated stocks are the same shape and designs as the concurrent wood stock.
The laminate stocks are a little heavier and the busy coloring makes dings and scratches less noticeable. I like the look of some laminate color options while not others. Stained beech always looks good to me.
It's really a matter of which color you prefer.

20221209_130249.jpg

Ya Ron, all three of yours are beautiful, the blue, green and I want the Grey laminate. lol

I'd pick laminate over the beech if it was one of the three colors above.
I have a blue laminate R9 and a grey lam Hw30. I like the blue and the gray the most. I liked the older green lams more than the one I have. Those had deeper colors to them.

20220709_161350.jpg

20240131_144453.jpg

20210425_155718.jpg

HW 97 Stocks.jpg

Do you like the wood stock on the hw97k or the laminate? I dont see a walnut option for the hw97k it just says sporter wood option so I'm guessing they only sell a beech type wood which I don't like.

What do you guys prefer?
Want Walnut, chat with the folks at Custom Stocks UK and have them make you one the way you'd like it to be. Quite a few members here have them and speak very highly of them.
Laminate, I only own one (so far anyway). Had it made for my HW95 by Craftsman Vit in the Ukraine and don't regret for even one second the money I spent getting it.

Want Walnut, chat with the folks at Custom Stocks UK and have them make you one the way you'd like it to be. Quite a few members here have them and speak very highly of them.
Laminate, I only own one (so far anyway). Had it made for my HW95 by Craftsman Vit in the Ukraine and don't regret for even one second the money I spent getting it.
Even If I bought a custom walnut stock I don't know how to fit the stock on

Reactions: .20calguy
Serious question.

Other than aesthetics, what are the advantages/disadvantages of a laminate stock?

Thanks!

All my best!

Kerry
At least in my case, I only have the one. The advantage was that it fit the bill for exactly what I was looking for: laminate and a thumbhole stock. I got the bonus of the adjustable cheek rest and adjustable butt pad, since both were included in the price of the rifle.