Do you Hydro Test your gun bottle?

Which tank do you have? Most of the tanks are made by INOCOM and all that I have seen are CE certified, not sure where you would be able to get one of those Hydro'd in the US.

The bottle I have is the one from my RTI, and it says to test after 5 years, I dont know of the ones on the FX have the same label, will take a a picture and share. 

Which tank do you have? Most of the tanks are made by INOCOM and all that I have seen are CE certified, not sure where you would be able to get one of those Hydro'd in the US.

The bottle I have is the one from my RTI, and it says to test after 5 years, I dont know of the ones on the FX have the same label, will take a a picture and share.

I have an INOCOM made for Hatsan. It's just like the INOCOM's I've seen made for FX and Daystate. They are all ISO certified, which would be find if they had the USA designation. All I've seen are the GB ones, which I believe means "GuoBiao Standards" (aka-China National Standard). Then Air suppliers would legally be able to fill them just like DOT. As far at getting them tested you may be able to find a private tester (Not DOT certified) who will test pressures that high.

I have seen some INOCOM tanks that are DOT, but only from Air Force.

Mine is like the FX and Daystate shown below

90621719-C118-4584-94BE-D23C9FEB5DFE.1623015276.jpeg

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/wts-480cc-carbon-fiber-bottle/

WechatIMG198.1623443547.jpeg

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/wts-fx-300cc-bottle-2/

Here is the Air Force gun with an INOCOM tank that has DOT markings. Can't see all the marking so might not be 100% legit, but very well could be, and does look like it is from what I can see.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/wts-like-new-457-air-force-texan-ss-carbon-fiber/

EDIT to ADD - It looks like Talon Tunes sells INOCOM tanks are also DOT certified. Had never seen one of those in person before.

Man I hate to see that RTI went with a China made bottle instead of the Korean one. I doubt you will get any US hydro tester to touch that tank. Notice it has an ISO standard. It also has an REE number. I've not seen any tanks except DOT with and REE number, other then some of the China made ones. There was talk on the UK forums about the bogus labels on some of the different China made tanks and the testers would not touch them. Some of the early tans clearly had required marking missing. I think they then started adding stuff and it seems they may have added a bit too much. Anybody else know if REE is a requirement of ISO standard? The ISO web site wants you to pay to access all of the written standard.

I have also been thinking about this topic since my RAW has a bottle that will be due for 5 year "inspection" in October of this year. I was sort of wondering if the verbiage used on the different bottles gives a clue as to what is actually necessary. My gun bottles for both my RAW and Crown say to "inspect" every 5 years (both made by Inocom) and my 45 min SCBA made by Carleton clearly states to "retest" every 5 years and references DOT documents that I assume give direction on how to retest. We all know that the 5 year retest on our SCBA bottles includes hydrostatic "testing" which is more involved than an "inspection". Wondering if "inspect" is intended to be the same as in the SCUBA diving industry where bottles are visually inspected every year. In the annual SCUBA visual inspection the outside of the bottle is inspected for damage and the valve is removed to inspect the inside of the bottle for any damage or water, oil, or any foreign material that you wouldn't want to be breathing.

Does anyone have any actual documentation that explains what is meant by the verbiage "inspected every 5 years" on our gun bottles?

Thanks, Chip.

IMG_20210919_120837287.1632075697.jpg