Do you guys think this is a lot ????

ok I'm looking for a 700 mm slug liner for my impact in .25 and I know that supply and demand make things what they are . Everyone is out of stock on them right now except one place . I'm not going to name them but they want 30.00 to ship a slug liner . I only paid 29.00 to ship my whole impact last time I shipped it out. 

I know I know if you want it bad enough you will pay the shipping I just hate to pay way more than it's going to cost .

I know as soon as I do it then pyramid or some of the others will get them in who offer free shipping over 150.00 or 7.99 shipping on all orders 

thanks for letting me vent

dan kleinman

The shipping industry is pushed to the edge currently. trump plans on opening the economy in stages. i would think shipping will be first. personally , i would wait a couple weeks to pick up the item. otherwise , the 30 bucks is not out of hand. i paid 28 buck to ship 2 bottles of dish detergent with anti bacterial added. because there is NO chance in hell of getting it in super markets by me anytime soon. to me , it was worth the extra 20 bucks. all you need to judge is the extra shipping cost acceptable? at this time? we have all been hi jacked with cost we knew were BS , but at the time we were over a barrel. reason it out like that , and you will come to a decision you can live with. hang in there buddy! 😉👍

I just shipped a barrel from SoCal to the east coast costing $20 through USPS.

mike

WOW - by USPS calculations that had to be 30" and 3lbs.

Large Package, weight 3 lb 0 oz (1.361 kg), mailed on April 16

from BEVERLY HILLS CA 90212 to ABINGDON MD 21009

PriorityMail.jpg

Priority Mail 2-Day™

As someone who has shipped a lot of stuff over the years, can I give a small perspective from the other side? I want to preface this by saying, while I also think 30$ is a bit dear, I don't think it is necessarily completely outrageous either. 

Who you ship with, and where you're shipping to, will affect shipping price. If you're shipping from the bottom of California to the top of Maine the package has to cover a lot more distance and most carrier's pricing models account for that. Furthermore these things typically go airmail, where packages which are oversized and delicate (like barrel liners) are again more expensive. On top of that, if you're not near a hub, delivery can also be more expensive. All of this really depends on the carrier and your integration with them. If you ship USPS, it'll tend to be cheaper than UPS, which in turn will tend to be cheaper than FedEx. These are all major generalizations, of course. But which carrier a given vendor chooses can significantly affect price. Confounding that is how a webstore's shipping calculator works. Nobody is going and manually figuring out how to stack all the parts in your order into a perfect jigsaw puzzle, sourcing the ideal box, and then fetching you just the perfect quote. Typically they're based on weight and weight alone, and then fetch a real time price from the carrier. For something like a barrel liner which is light but bulky, you often see companies add a high shipping weight in order to get their native shipping calculators to spit out a vaguely correct price. Depending on the margins on a given product, you may price that to aim for the middle of the market in terms of shipping costs, or the top so you never lose money, or the bottom where you don't care if you lose a little money. The latter is often seen on MAP priced products, which many of FX's products are, because retailers can't differentiate themselves with advertised price alone. 

And there is one final thing. Lets say you are going to ship with USPS, generally the least expensive, and you're going with Mr. BigTinBoat's price of 20$ for the package. What about insurance? Depending on which insurance you purchase, there are multiple shipping integrations that offer third party insurance or carrier insurance which tends to be the most expensive, that could be anywhere form less than 2$ to ~10$. And it does make sense to insure it. I've had all kinds of insane package destructions over the years, including one time UPS managed to put a 45 degree bend in a cold hammer forged steel rifle barrel. I don't even know how they physically managed it. So believe me, whatever it is, they're more than capable of destroying it or simply losing it. And if that item is lost or damaged, believe me the customer isn't going to give a rip, it is on you the vendor to make sure they are made whole. 

So can I see how a vendor could get to 30$ on shipping a 700mm barrel liner CONUS? Absolutely. Would I personally go with one who charged less? Yup, probably. Is the higher shipping price perhaps part of the reason why this vendor still has the barrel you want stocked while everyone else is sold out? Maybe something to consider. 

Just my 2c. I hope it provides at least a chuckle if not a little insight into what might be the other side of this potential transaction. 

First off he never even asked where I was located so his shipping must be 30.00 no matter what and when I said that the shipping was kinda high he said ok have a good day and hung up . So he is not worried about selling them . My guess is he makes his money on the shipping and not much off the liner. My point is I shipped the whole gun with the hard case a extra barrel bipod scope and 4 tins of pellets from the state of Washington to Ohio for 29.00

Dan 

A lot of businesses use a flat shipping charge rather than an actual shipping charge which accounts for insurance to cover possible damage or loss, cost of packaging and labor / time in packaging. If the business has a lot of packages to ship in a day they need to pay an employee to package , weigh and label each of the packages . Of course this employee needs to be payed a wage and that wage has to be payed some way or another usually in an upcharge in the shipping. If you expect the shipping charge to be what you pay by packaging it yourself using your own materials and your time to take it to the post office , then I’m sure the cost of the liner would be more. It’s part of doing business and making a profit to cover the cost of doing business. 

A lot of businesses use a flat shipping charge rather than an actual shipping charge which accounts for insurance to cover possible damage or loss, cost of packaging and labor / time in packaging. If the business has a lot of packages to ship in a day they need to pay an employee to package , weigh and label each of the packages . Of course this employee needs to be payed a wage and that wage has to be payed some way or another usually in an upcharge in the shipping. If you expect the shipping charge to be what you pay by packaging it yourself using your own materials and your time to take it to the post office , then I’m sure the cost of the liner would be more. It’s part of doing business and making a profit to cover the cost of doing business.

Sensible. It's still a relatively large item with bulky shipping and would need to be packaged well to avoid damage. A bit high? Maybe. Unreasonable? Doesn't seem so. And, as was stated above, don't buy it if you don't like the price.

Muchas empresas utilizan un cargo de envío fijo en lugar de un cargo de envío real que representa el seguro para cubrir posibles daños o pérdidas, el costo del embalaje y la mano de obra / tiempo en el embalaje. Si la empresa tiene muchos paquetes para enviar en un día, debe pagar a un empleado para que empaquete, pese y etiquete cada uno de los paquetes. Por supuesto, a este empleado se le debe pagar un salario y ese salario se debe pagar de una forma u otra, generalmente en un recargo en el envío. Si espera que el costo de envío sea lo que paga al empacarlo usted mismo usando sus propios materiales y su tiempo para llevarlo a la oficina de correos, entonces estoy seguro de que el costo del revestimiento sería más. Es parte de hacer negocios y obtener ganancias para cubrir el costo de hacer negocios.

Sensato. Todavía es un artículo relativamente grande con envío voluminoso y necesitaría estar bien embalado para evitar daños. ¿Un poco alto? Tal vez. ¿Irrazonable? No lo parece Y, como se indicó anteriormente, no lo compre si no le gusta el precio.

Las empresas tienen contratos con agencias de envío y pagan precios ridículos por sus envíos, por lo que creo que 30 $ están robando.

Enkey