Do you guys rotate liners?

I've been watching Ted and Matt and all those youtubers who are shooting the impact and have not seen one video of them mentioning about rotating the liners for the best accuracy. So I guess they don't? What i mean by rotating the liner is, when the liner is inside the sleeve. If you turn the liner inside the sleeve say about 3 o'clock, 6 o'clock, 9 o'clock, and back to 12 o'clock. Your poi will make a circle. So say when the liner is 12 o'clock and is hitting to the right, wouldn't that open up as your range is further making that 1 in to the right, be like 5 inches to the right?
Just interesting to know other options on this. Or it doesnt matter and just insert the liner and just shoot. I have tested rotating the liner and I always get a circle poi. This is at about 30 yards only. I have not tested this out to 100 yard to see how big the circle open up the further out you go. Cause right now I dont have a 100 yard range to test out.

The object is to find the best setting for your POI to be AT the 12 position. If that happens to be with your liner mark at 3:35 that will now be installed as the best position. 30 yds is plenty, longer the circle will get bigger. The object is to keep your POI vertical with the gun so you only need to adjust hold over/under and not need to also adjust right/left for given ranges.

Reactions: BackStop
Between my wife and I we have 4 FX guns and 7 liners, I have never seen the need.
There may be liners out there that will benefit from clocking, but in the FX’s we have had that was not the case.
If you are going to go through the process you had better put a level on your scope or rail. Otherwise any cant in the gun and it will be like you never clocked the liner to begin with.
UH OH!? Do I see another rabbit hole?

I don't understand how the liner would impart a specific trajectory to the pellet/slug when it exits the barrel. Unless it has something to do with the crowning I figured if it's spinning at the correct RPM it will fly true. If this is a real thing I'd love to know how this happens.
It could be fx liners are not perfectly straight. So when you rotate the liner you will get different poi. Go out and try it. Your poi will high, right, low, left, making a circle. Tested in my impact with different liners and always will change poi if you rotate it.

Not only the FX liners, but every barrel. It is 99% not possible to machine the bore ID and rifling straight, concentric and co linear - to barrel OD - this How Its Made.
If you catch that 1% you consider yourself super lucky.

Yup! Except if a gun has thread on barrel then there is no way to index so if it shoots a little to the side then you gotta live with that.

To OP: I’m too lazy to index my liners, haven’t seen a need.