Do You Find "Bottle Guns" Ugly?

They are ugly. Even a Crown with beautiful wood still looks like a gun with a giant inoperable tumor. But it’s the hand we were dealt when it comes to shot count. I always pictured two engineers sitting in a room with a bottle, valve and barrel saying how in the hell are we going to make this appealing. The good thing about some gun guys is the harder some guns are beat with the ugly stick, the more they love them. 

It (the bottle gun "look") takes some getting used to, but the shot count is worth it -

Even us folks in the cheap seats like a high shot count -

0630211828.1627988209.jpg

0101211153_HDR.1627988309.jpg

I can walk down the hill to my range and plink and target practice for an hour and a half and not even fall off the reg. 

THAT is what I like about a bottle gun - SHOT COUNT!!

not particularly, aesthetically i like a gun with a nice stock ... bottles are fine for obsessed pellet burning ... in the field its way to bulky, all i need is 1 mag, your not throwing a garbage bag full of the 75 squirrels you got with your bottle gun over your shoulder lol, truth is you should be in jail wantingly killing that much wildlife lol .. yeah bottles are for the obsessed bench shooter buying up and wasting all the pellets ...

Compared to the classic lines of a sporting rifle like the early Winchester Model 70, yes, bottle air rifles are indeed ugly contraptions that barely fit under the broadest rifle definition. But, they are what they are, and I appreciate the engineering of a totally different kind of shooting instrument. Although most of mine are bottle rifles, I find my Revere and HW 100 better looking and easier handling. And the compromised shot count isn't an issue in a hunting rifle, at least not in a typical squirrel rifle. 

Ed

i have a problem with looking at my feet !! im going to remove them and and have threaded inserts installed ! then im going to the billiards shop and find some beautiful tapered threaded pegs .... AND SOME CHALUK !!! so i dont slip and fall . the beauty of the bottle is in the function ! that beautiful bottle is freedom to go out and shoot ! BTW ... my feet are ugly so i wear bell bottoms ;) daystate does a real nice job if you cant stand the look of the bottle ! have fun !!!!