Do You Find "Bottle Guns" Ugly?

Very few OEM's have integrated the necessity of air to be shelved somewhere else than the ugly bottle. This in my opinion, is what sets the EdGun Leshiy 2 apart, seems Ed was/is on to sompt'n here i.e. maybe three smaller tubes buried in a nice walnut butt stock with Ed's Simple to work on/user friendly valve system? The Leshiy 2 truly makes for one of the nicest looking & easiest to replace the dreaded "O" rings or tuning of air guns in recent times. The older long tube guns were even more aesthetically palatable. Heck even the old FX Revo tried to mask the ugly bottle in the stock and as such was somewhat effective. Reminds one of the Vintage Rapids with the ugly bottle stick'n out the front, however the guns tuned were "Z" so to speak, best. Just maybe, we shall wean off being bottle fed in the future?

Do you like "Bottle" guns?

Sometimes they look good! 

D16F738A-567D-4694-9EF5-826613E5EC3A.1627956805.jpeg

It's funny how these things change the way we see them.

A few years back, I was so out of touch with air rifles I had no idea about PCP and anything other than a springer. I happened to buy a 1911 co2 bbgun on Amazong, fulfilled by Pyramyd Air, so it arrived with a shiny Pyramyd catalogue. On the cover was an intense close up shot of the Kral Puncher Pro 500's amazing Walnut stock. This was the first PCP rifle I ever laid eyes on. The bottle turned me off, but at the same time, the overall design absolutely fascinated me! From purely visual aspect, inside the catalogue the Seneca Dragonclaw (and family) also called out to me. This was more traditional looking, while at the same time, had enough departure from a powder rifle that again I was a little bewildered with just exactly what it was I was looking at. I did not even understand how these things operated yet!

It took me some time to finally try out a PCP,. and low and behold by then, that Kral was exactly what I was looking for. The combination of semi traditional Walnut, yet with those nearly spcae age lines, and that giant bottle, that was what I wanted. I'd already learned to love the aesthetics of the bottle, just from photos in catalogues and youtube videos.

Well, sadly I missed my opportunity at that Kral. By the time I was ready to buy, they had discontinued it, and to this day I've never seen one for sale used, so instead I got the close cousin, the Kratos. Turkish Walnut, and another big 500 bottle. :)

It took me a few years, but the big bottle grew on me.

But then @vmaxpro shows up with his beauties...those are REALLY attractive.

Its the walnut stocks that do it in my opinion! I feel a nice walnut stock makes the best looking airgun.

For sure! Walnut. Be a while before I can restock my RAW, just not a fan of glue-lams. Will be on the prowl for a nice walnut stock down the road.