• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Do Yong Heng compressors have a hidden burst disc?

Or did I just blow a piston ring, or seal?

I just filled my first tank bigger than 15ci bottle, a 90ci unit.

Ran it for around 8 minutes or so, got it up to 2000 psi from 500 psi. Let it cool for a good 15 minutes, then ran it to 4000 psi.

I guess I was a little paranoid, so I attempted to shut her off for a cooling break, so I closed the valve on the tank, but couldn't bleed the pressure off the compressor soon enough, and something let go, and now it runs but the air is escaping from somewhere.

Any advice or help from experienced Yong Heng owners and users would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I was able to determine the disc has blown, should've done a search here first, my bad -

I took the actual disc from a 3000 psi paintball burst disc, placed it in the yh brass disc holder, and it actually built up some pressure, then blew.

IS THERE A DOMESTIC SOURCE FOR YOUNG HENG BURST DISCS??

Vines

Last edited:
Thank you WM - but I got in an Amazon order after posting last night, discs should be here Sunday, and I was able to fill my 90 ci bottle to 4k psi, will manage to shoot some tomorrow.
Very good, offer stands, if any delay. Scotty is correct, my Yong Heng "extras" bag had a few. Best Regards, WM

Reactions: SteveV
Well, the burst discs were delivered today while I was doing my shift at the driving range. My first attempt failed, as the disc wasn't sealing, just like it was blown. Did some research, and realized the disc retainer that follows the burst disc was missing. So I found a suitable tiny o-ring, stuffed it in behind the burst disc, reinstalled it, and it worked! I do have another one of the brass fittings that holds the burst disc on order, but with the o-ring installed was able to fill my 90 ci bottle to 4200 psi.

Well, the burst discs were delivered today while I was doing my shift at the driving range. My first attempt failed, as the disc wasn't sealing, just like it was blown. Did some research, and realized the disc retainer that follows the burst disc was missing. So I found a suitable tiny o-ring, stuffed it in behind the burst disc, reinstalled it, and it worked! I do have another one of the brass fittings that holds the burst disc on order, but with the o-ring installed was able to fill my 90 ci bottle to 4200 psi.
I blew one today too, hell of a time getting the new disk sealed. What retainer? There was nothing in mine unless it vaporized when the disk blew. Finally got mine to seal with some teflon tape on the threads. I didn’t think it was the threads leaking but once tape was applied leaking stopped.

Heavy,
Search "Yong Heng Explosion Proof Valve" on eBay, first ad is brass plug, retainer ring and four discs for $5 or 6 bucks. Installs as disc inside plug then brass collar, I tilt my YH forward to insert as disc/collar fall out on horizontal. WM
Mine must have been stuck in the port. No wonder why it didn’t make any sense. Guess I just got lucky with my last try and everything lined up and sealed. Teflon tape probably did nothing but lube the threads.

Mine must have been stuck in the port. No wonder why it didn’t make any sense. Guess I just got lucky with my last try and everything lined up and sealed. Teflon tape probably did nothing but lube the threads.
Lost collar several times trying to insert on the horizontal, tilting YH forward just enough to insert so parts stayed together worked. WM

Reactions: SteveV