• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Do we trust these no-name filters?

Not a clue......just started looking. What pressure is the Nuvair rated for?

For my Yong Heng I will want a "mechanical" water trap on the gun side of the compressor. It is so dry here I don't think I need any desiccant beads either before or after the compressor. Not sure what to use, if anything on my GX CS3 which does an amazing job of getting what little moisture there is in the air here taken care of.

This is what I was going to replace my huge Tuxing filter with, but sadly they are only rated at 30 MPA which is 4351 PSI, yet they also say 4500 PSI. Not sure what to think. I guess I could put that behind a metal blast shield if I was concerned about it rupturing.

View attachment 366852
Geezerhood, have tried that 30MPA/4500 PSI filter yet, I saw it on Amazon and looked substantial. would appreciate you views if you are using one.
BP-1

I don’t trust any midget tampon filters for removing moisture on my CAT/Altaros booster system.

This is what I use between my 3 CATS and my storage tank and booster and replace the dessicant in all three after each run. I never get moisture to my Altaros booster as a result.

I bought them off Amazon for around $45.00 each.View attachment 367840

Regards,

Roachcreek
Roachcreek, I like your setup bit just for my clarity your filtering system is for water removal of lower pressure air before boosting, not for what comes out of my compressor at 250- 310 BAR?

Geezerhood, have tried that 30MPA/4500 PSI filter yet, I saw it on Amazon and looked substantial. would appreciate you views if you are using one.
BP-1

I finally bought two on on eBay for $100 each - $107 shipped with tax included from this seller which seems to have a long track record since March 2021 plus a 99.7% positive rating. The humidity has returned to "normal" - in the teens so I am not really able to tell how well it works as I am not getting much water out of the primary water trap in my Yong Heng or my GX compressors. A few weeks ago before they arrived I was getting a lot of water and had to bleed the GX CS4 every 5 minutes to keep liquid water from going straight into my old "Jolly Yellow Giant" Tuxing water / oil separator. If the humidity returns I will try to remember to post an update here. My plan as stated in my previous post was to hook one up to the YH and one to the CS4 with half of the double tube Tuxing after each one with a cylinder full of molecular sieve with a small portion of the indicator beads at the beginning of the stack of beads.