Do shooters need lead wire for their swage kits?

I just ordered spools so we can spool the wire. They said about 4 weeks. We tried spooling into a box by hand but it just does not work well enough. We will wait until we have spools and then offer the wire on spools. As long as the spools we ordered work well they will fit inside of a medium flat rate shipping box,

I just ordered spools so we can spool the wire. They said about 4 weeks. We tried spooling into a box by hand but it just does not work well enough. We will wait until we have spools and then offer the wire on spools. As long as the spools we ordered work well they will fit inside of a medium flat rate shipping box,

If only you can carry/sell swage dies for some of your slugs…….this is really making me want a set of dies for your 35 grain .22 slugs.

If only you can carry/sell swage dies for some of your slugs…….this is really making me want a set of dies for your 35 grain .22 slugs.
It's really not cost effective to make your own if you have a particular slug you like.

The beautiful thing about having a swage setup... Is you can make any weight, with whatever base you want to try.

NSA's slug prices are so fair.. it's hard for me to recommend a swage setup to people.

It's really not cost effective to make your own if you have a particular slug you like.

The beautiful thing about having a swage setup... Is you can make any weight, with whatever base you want to try.

NSA's slug prices are so fair.. it's hard for me to recommend a swage setup to people.

Biggest challenge is NSA’s quality and prices are great, this is on top of coming out with great new slug designs all the time. Would love to see a boat tail design in heavy 22 slugs though.

Quick update. Our new machine needed some tuning and they company flew out and performed that today. We are going to run again tomorrow with new software updates and see if our issue is fixed. We made .166, .185, .200 and .222 wire in pure lead and will spool early next week.

We shipped one spool which had a rough trip with the post office. We reshipped a new spool and we are waiting to see the condition of that one before we start shipping more wire. We are trying to find the most economical way we can ship wire and have it arrive in good condition.

We are close to being ready for offering wire - just a few bugs to work out.

We also got more dies in. We now have the following dies:

.166, .185, .200, .222, .247, .264, .280, .312, .327, .365, .390, .430, .470

If you are considering swaging your own ammo you need lead wire smaller than the slug's diameter. For example, we use .200 wire to make 22 caliber. You can use .166 or .185 wire as well or use .200 to make both 22 and 25 caliber. Some slug profiles like a different size better for filling out so we have in multiple diameters to get something that works best in your dies. Another example, we use .430 to make 45 caliber.

Reactions: 850renxrs
We got our shipping details worked out so we can offer wire now. We will ship our 25 pound spools encased in foam inside a flat rate box. The wire is inside a plastic bag to protect it from the foam and the foam surrounds the wire.

It is still possible for the plastic spool to cracked on the outside if the post office is too rough but the lead should be untouched.

After working with our lead supplier and getting more experience with our machines we set the price for pure lead wire to be $2.39 plus $23.00 shipping for the 25 pound spools. This is $82.75 shipped anywhere in the USA where flat rate is delivered including HI, Ak, Puerto Rico and Guam.

We have a separate website which is still under development but can take payments and all.

Biggest challenge is NSA’s quality and prices are great, this is on top of coming out with great new slug designs all the time. Would love to see a boat tail design in heavy 22 slugs though.
I would .. I still have 40g bt saved in .216 that Nielsen used to do back when he started .. n they shot awesome..they are a good reason to order a sway die since nobody makes BT in 216..

Reactions: qball
Nick,
It probably won't be a while before I'm needing any wire, as I've just moved, and getting back into the swing of things.
I would think that the .166 would work with my .1775 Corbin dies, as I use .170 wire from Corbin as of now. I wouldn't think 4 thousandths of an inch would make a big difference, particularly if I'm hand swaging them. I would 100% be interested in 100 lbs+ in the future. As of now, I only swage .1775, and don't see myself being involved with any other caliber, but that might change down the road.
Thanks for doing this, it's a great option.

Tom Holland
Field Target Tech
Fieldtargettech.com

Nick,
It probably won't be a while before I'm needing any wire, as I've just moved, and getting back into the swing of things.
I would think that the .166 would work with my .1775 Corbin dies, as I use .170 wire from Corbin as of now. I wouldn't think 4 thousandths of an inch would make a big difference, particularly if I'm hand swaging them. I would 100% be interested in 100 lbs+ in the future. As of now, I only swage .1775, and don't see myself being involved with any other caliber, but that might change down the road.
Thanks for doing this, it's a great option.

Tom Holland
Field Target Tech
Fieldtargettech.com
.166 is what I use to make our 17 cal slugs and will work on a Corbin press no issue.

I'd be in for a few spools of .200, just waiting to see if Al is going to get dies available.

Dave is nice and all but it takes too long to get the dies and too much money.

If we had a die that fit an arbor press, I bet you'd sell a lot of wire.
Has someone confirmed he is planning on doing dies? There is another player I believe coming in the next few months as well - probably summer time. I am trying to get them some details and if they can do what they think they are capable of it will be great for people who want to make their own slugs. For now it's on the wait and see list.

Has someone confirmed he is planning on doing dies? There is another player I believe coming in the next few months as well - probably summer time. I am trying to get them some details and if they can do what they think they are capable of it will be great for people who want to make their own slugs. For now it's on the wait and see list.

Robert Sterne works with NOE pretty closely, and Bob was who made the announcement in this link.

Reactions: allinssd