Do shooters need lead wire for their swage kits?

I been buying mine from Mr Dave himself. Stuff is expensive! Then you get clapped by shipping. I been meaning to get to looking into other sources. Making my own is barely any cheaper than buying slugs from you... And time consuming

I'd have to look at what size I'm using. I'm swaging for .22 and .25 currently. The size of the lead is darn close to the caliber size though. I Plan on picking up more dies... The wait for them is painful though lol. I love Mr Corbin though. Great people.

Reactions: 850renxrs
I've read on many forums here, there and gta that people make their own slugs. That core mold is definitely not the best possible option. This is. It's a wonder there aren't more people interested. Let's hope the word gets out.
And now before anyone wonders, no I have no ties to nsa-slugs or anywhere else. Except sometimes I buy them from the Netherlands. :p

I think it's just great that there is an entrepreneur like this who wants to give hobbyists the opportunity to make slugs from lead wire 👍

I been buying mine from Mr Dave himself. Stuff is expensive! Then you get clapped by shipping. I been meaning to get to looking into other sources. Making my own is barely any cheaper than buying slugs from you... And time consuming

I'd have to look at what size I'm using. I'm swaging for .22 and .25 currently. The size of the lead is darn close to the caliber size though. I Plan on picking up more dies... The wait for them is painful though lol. I love Mr Corbin though. Great people.
.222 should work for 25 cal and .200 or .166 for 22 cal. Corbin and his crew are all great people.

I think this is fantastic!! In my opinion o think you should open up the door. there is deff a market. YOU can always just start it of slow. Make up a few sizes/ wieghts , and make the orders as they arrive. Alot more people would swag but the inconsistency and lack of good material for the the every day guy. and casting your own is suck a time killer. So to get a reliable product from a very well known company using the same Material your comany swags from is an absolute home run.
I've been looking at equipment all morning now😆

Reactions: coffeepan
What diameter wire would you need?
In your opinion what is the weight you would want to purchase at a time? 20, 25, 40? I would make it and have it pre-packed ready to ship in standard weights for example 25 pounds.
Would you want it on a spool or wound in a box? Spool would add the cost of the spool and little bit for the time to spool them all up. I just need to see how people are either buying it now or how they would want to buy it.
Might be wise to package quantity based on what can ship safely in a large USPS flat rate box.

I am looking for spools and waiting for my spooling machine which I expect in a week or two. My spools are big so I need a different type for the air gun community.

Pricing looks like it will be around $3.60/pound. I can sell without spools right away though. Wire will be available on my site so shipping will be our standard $9 flat. So if you buy two boxes of slugs and one box of wire the total shipping is $9. Or no slugs and 4 boxes of wire the total shipping will be $9 for the entire order - you get it. We will ship USPS flat rate as our only shipping offer.

I saw something on the Internet about an old firearm that came with a small, swaging die set you could hit with a mallet / hammer to create projectiles. I know that it would be slow going to make slugs that way, but I like the idea of being able to hammer out a projectile or two anytime I want to. I would definitely buy lead wire if I could get a little swage kit like that.

Reactions: Venddoc