Do people not proofread their posts before submitting?

Maybe a good stiff drink in one hand and a keyboard could be responsible for some of the odd posts. I always enjoy the monster sentence with no punctuation. That’s generally the result of not paying attention when you were in school. There’s one guy who sells a lot of stuff. I won’t mention his name but he’s had some stuff that I would have been interested in buying if his grammar and spelling didn’t make me so nervous. Seeing as how my phone and iPad think they know how to form sentences better than I do, I always try to proof what I typed. But sometimes I miss the words it changed. Technology.

Yeah, my iPhone sucks. It has the auto incorrect feature.

I think i am worse at my native Danish than English by now, for the simple reason that after leaving the 9.5 year long nightmare some call school i have done next to no writing other than my signature. On the internet i generally only frequent English speaking sites, and i dont have a single Danish page bookmarked other than the national weather center. I also think in English, and as a result swearing is done in English, but i will automatic change to German just before you better bring out the fists or run. :) the German "trick" that have a couple of times given me the upper hand as people have been WTF ????? instead of putting up a defensive / fighting stance.

Math are even worse as i have not used that to figure out things, not really even if i have several educations where math are used to a larger degree. ( machine worker / tool maker )

As a result of my traumatic school days, what i know with most things in life i have figured it out myself

I do know i rape the grammar often, but i feel i can be understood fine / with just a little effort, so thats all you are going to get as i am a lazy bastard too.

Some of us try hard enough, but are just not up to others standard regards grammar.

I’m with ya on that! I’m probably guilty of not caring what people think of me grammar wise? I’m Way to comfortable in my own shoes and feel blessed to have shoes at all! I will never be a poet or try to impress one🤔.. unless he wants to watch me shoot of coarse. Haha!

Sorry to hog this thread , but this is scary. I read this entire post without issue and understood it. I need a beer! LOL!

A large number of people have zero issues. It doesn't even slow down my reading speed when I encounter things such as prior shared or the other posters. My children, even those only in second grade, also have no issues.

It's why I find threads like these, well, mostly silly. I'm happy to see the light hearted humor and kindness we share in this hobby and no individuals singled out.

As for me -- If the intent of the written word is communication and the above is clearly malformed, yet there are no problems reading and comprehending it, I don't see the gripe and I doubt threads such as these will serve any value other than to alienate or polarize those who may have a disability. I also don't wash my pellets, weigh them, sort them, or lubricate them with essential oils... but I won't deride those that do :)

No derision was intended or directed. Obviously (to me anyway) this wasn’t directed at anyone with a disability. I did say it was a bit of a rant after all 

I stay away from posting via my phone because much more prone to typos and also because not the entire paragraph shows up on my iPhone se 2020.

We have a diverse membership from all walks of life. Thus the grammar and typos. I skip over a jumbled mess of a post where I suspect laziness , but I try to be helpful if I see effort albeit many basic mistakes. 

All kidding aside, I'm guilty of hitting submit with errors as well. I proof, re-read and do try to make sense, but some days at 5 AM, or 11:30 PM, it might not make sense to anyone but me. Glad the human brain can recognize patterns and generally figure most stuff out. Otherwise, it'd be awful hard for me to survive. . . . .

Now, let's see. What did I screw up in the previous two sentences?