Do people not proofread their posts before submitting?

I've thought about this subject many times after reading other's posts. Made me wonder if the usage & application of the rules of grammar had stopped being taught in American schools. The almost constant confusing of to & too, your & you're, advise & advice, their & they're, (and a hundred others that don't come to mind @ the moment) has always drawn my attention. But then, I also find proofreading mistakes in virtually every book I read (and I read quite a bit). Maybe I've become more obsessive & anal as I've gotten older but my personal opinion of the quality of education in this country is that it has declined dramatically over the past 40 or so years & does not bode well for us as a nation. There is a direct correlation between level of intelligence, empathy, spirituality & morality. Glad I won't be around for another 40 years to see where this is headed. I don't like what I see.

Reactions: BackStop
I've thought about this subject many times after reading other's posts. Made me wonder if the usage & application of the rules of grammar had stopped being taught in American schools. The almost constant confusing of to & too, your & you're, advise & advice, their & they're, (and a hundred others that don't come to mind @ the moment) has always drawn my attention. But then, I also find proofreading mistakes in virtually every book I read (and I read quite a bit). Maybe I've become more obsessive & anal as I've gotten older but my personal opinion of the quality of education in this country is that it has declined dramatically over the past 40 or so years & does not bode well for us as a nation. There is a direct correlation between level of intelligence, empathy, spirituality & morality. Glad I won't be around for another 40 years to see where this is headed. I don't like what I see.

Please use shorter and less meaningful sentences.

:)

It's hard for me to admit but with ADHD and receiving chemo and radiation cancer therapy for 5 straight weeks I've proof read my posts as many as 3 times and still after submitting them I see my mistakes. But I continue to proofread before submitting. There are days I don't drive 'cause I don't feel I'm up to it. I'm lots more forgiving of other drivers these days as I now understand about brain problems. That's why I don't drive some days. I do my best for everyone else. I hope they do the same for me.

Guess I might be quilty os some miss spelling. Due to my fat fingers and small buttons my words are often not spelled correctly. Also the arthritus in my hands does not allow my fingers to function at times. If this offends anyone sorry, I would gladly pass my old age and arthritus on to anyone that would like to give it a try !!!

You are Not Guilty! The guilty ones haven't got a clue :)

You are just right.

Agree that the quality of education in the USA has fallen considerably over the last 40-60 years and apathy has risen.

I blame auto correct on my phone, that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!

https://youtu.be/YGv6uo89yMY?t=288

I only wanted the video of Martin saying "I blame myself...", but I don't know how to do it, so I simply started the video at that point. Still funny after all these years. (grin)

Not like SNL today or for the last MANY years... (heavy sigh)