• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Seneca/Sam Yang DO NOT SHOOT 336gr Slugs in the Seneca Double Shot!!

I recently had to return the Seneca Double Shot .50cal, not once but twice, for attempting to fire the then recommended Seneca 336gr Flat Nose slugs, which jammed. DO NOT SHOOT 336gr SLUGS WITH THE SENECA DOUBLE SHOT!!

After the first time, while awaiting the replacement, I inquired about that ammo & whether it was ok to shoot with the Double Shot. I was told not only was it ok, but that it was the recommended ammo for that particular shotgun. So I tried again with the next one when it arrived, same issue- jammed in both barrels. I had even written about the slugs in my request for replacement and the slugs were sent jammed within the barrels, but no warning with the replacement.

It was only when I received a call from a staff air gunner Patrick that I learned it was indeed the slugs not being meant to be shot from that shotgun, as I had suspected. But he then went above and beyond to make sure everything was right, disseminating accurate information that was invaluable and ensuring the slugs were removed from the shotgun's website page where it was listed under recommended ammunition- & within hours!

Take home lesson: when calling customer service at any internet airgun retailer, be sure to ask to speak with a staff air gunner. Someone who actually uses & is familiar with airguns!

This is a review on the Double Shot's webpage, apparently guy shot 336gr without issue. 1st one I shot was ok, then 4 out of 4 jammed, staff air gunner said do NOT try shooting the 336gr out of this gun. Too much surface area & weight for its power & for not being a rifled barrel.

Screenshot_20231025_190622_Chrome.jpg