Do NOT let PayPal push you around

I have extended my drive one way to pay cash and have good in hand . I will drive most anywhere in USA to go to a show , but single F2F deals are an 10 hour round trip . used to be 8 hour round trip .
Oh how the internet has extended our world. In the outdoors equipment (fishing/hunting etc) mail order Cabela’s and LL Bean were the go to sources, and that was entirely adequate for our needs.
Now, we can search the country from our phone while driving on the freeway.
Oh well, I’m old.

Reactions: ThomasT
I’ve used PayPal successfully for over 20 years, but then again, I’ve always been careful with how I use it. I’ve never left money in the account and made sure that the credit card/bank account that have been connected haven’t be compromised and are insured by the bank….never a problem or hint of one.
I like it.
Agreed.
I have used PayPal for over 15 years and never a problem.

Reactions: balver
Hello everyone,

Just another update with this &^$^^%#% PayPal crap. Manny with their Collection Department called me AGAIN today ( 09/25/2023 )claiming that I still owe them for the money that they never sent to me :confused: . I'm telling you fellows, be very careful if you use PayPal.

ThomasT
Please keep us informed and thanks for sharing your story.

• Love
Reactions: swNCsw and ThomasT
Please keep us informed and thanks for sharing your story.
Hello @heavy-impact

The Texas State Banking Commission forced PayPal to correct their records and zero out my account. PayPal is now not able to contact me any more. However I never could get proof from PayPal that they had corrected the false information they "claim" they sent to the IRS. My PayPal account is closed and my Bank has a permanent BLOCK on PayPal.

ThomasT

Man this doesn’t make me feel good about my current situation with PP, I was recently scammed on an air gun purchase for more money than I can afford to loose. Thought I did everything prior to sending money to verify seller but turns out they were a scammer. I immediately filed a claim with pp and sent them all the info but they will not review until 12/25.
I sent money goods and services so praying PP will cover.

Hello Forum Members,

As soon as you have a problem with PayPal and they hesitate to correct the problem get in touch with your State’s Banking Commission.

On June 26, 2023 a Forum member sent funds with PayPal via their “Good and Services” payment method to pay for an item that was purchased from me. Within 5 minutes after I received the email from PayPal notifying me that they were holding funds for me, I called them on the phone. The email stated that I would have to give PayPal my “Tax ID Number”. When I reached PayPal, I explained that I DO NOT have a Tax ID Number, and that I REFUSED the payment, and instructed PayPal to RETURN the money to the “sender”.

NOTE: Legally at this point I am NO longer involved in any way with future action (s) pertaining to these funds, either by PayPal or the sender. ( For reference purposes the amount of the funds in question was greater than $1,300.00 )

Just 3 days later PayPal attempted to withdraw that exact amount from my Bank Account. However my Bank will not allow any transfer of funds from my account without my permission and BLOCKED PayPal. One week later PayPal tried again but was blocked by my Bank. I called PayPal several times and told them that I had ordered my Bank to permanently block PayPal from EVER send or withdraw any funds from my account.

Several weeks later during a phone conversation with a PayPal supervisor, the agent threatened me by saying PayPal “HAD” reported to the IRS that I had in fact received these funds and that I would be responsible to pay up to 24% taxes on said amount. The agent also demanded that I give PayPal my social security number in lieu of the Tax ID Number.

NOTE: I do not give my SS number to anybody, period. And I explained to the PayPal supervisor that at some time PayPal would have to provide PROOF to the IRS.

After many emails and at least a dozen phone calls ( I did not keep count ) to PayPal, they still refused to correct the issues. On September 04, 2023 I composed a complete detailed letter to the Texas Department of Banking. Within 3 days I received a reply stating that they would file a complaint against PayPal.

Today, September 14, 2023, an agent from PayPal called me and explained that “they” HAD resolved all incorrect issues and at my request CLOSED my PayPal account.

One follow up to this issue, PayPal held the “senders” money ( a Forum member ) for over 2 months before giving him a refund.

I sure hope sharing this information will help other Forum members in the future.

ThomasT
Well handled.

My horrid experience with PayPal was about five years ago, and there wasn’t even a transaction taking place. Likewise, they hounded me for SSN and other personal information I don’t trust them to hold. They are bullies and crooks and I won’t go near them ever again.

David

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT