Do NOT let PayPal push you around

Hello Forum Members,

As soon as you have a problem with PayPal and they hesitate to correct the problem get in touch with your State’s Banking Commission.

On June 26, 2023 a Forum member sent funds with PayPal via their “Good and Services” payment method to pay for an item that was purchased from me. Within 5 minutes after I received the email from PayPal notifying me that they were holding funds for me, I called them on the phone. The email stated that I would have to give PayPal my “Tax ID Number”. When I reached PayPal, I explained that I DO NOT have a Tax ID Number, and that I REFUSED the payment, and instructed PayPal to RETURN the money to the “sender”.

NOTE: Legally at this point I am NO longer involved in any way with future action (s) pertaining to these funds, either by PayPal or the sender. ( For reference purposes the amount of the funds in question was greater than $1,300.00 )

Just 3 days later PayPal attempted to withdraw that exact amount from my Bank Account. However my Bank will not allow any transfer of funds from my account without my permission and BLOCKED PayPal. One week later PayPal tried again but was blocked by my Bank. I called PayPal several times and told them that I had ordered my Bank to permanently block PayPal from EVER send or withdraw any funds from my account.

Several weeks later during a phone conversation with a PayPal supervisor, the agent threatened me by saying PayPal “HAD” reported to the IRS that I had in fact received these funds and that I would be responsible to pay up to 24% taxes on said amount. The agent also demanded that I give PayPal my social security number in lieu of the Tax ID Number.

NOTE: I do not give my SS number to anybody, period. And I explained to the PayPal supervisor that at some time PayPal would have to provide PROOF to the IRS.

After many emails and at least a dozen phone calls ( I did not keep count ) to PayPal, they still refused to correct the issues. On September 04, 2023 I composed a complete detailed letter to the Texas Department of Banking. Within 3 days I received a reply stating that they would file a complaint against PayPal.

Today, September 14, 2023, an agent from PayPal called me and explained that “they” HAD resolved all incorrect issues and at my request CLOSED my PayPal account.

One follow up to this issue, PayPal held the “senders” money ( a Forum member ) for over 2 months before giving him a refund.

I sure hope sharing this information will help other Forum members in the future.

ThomasT

I have a friend who's been in litigation with PP for the last couple years. After 7 years with them & NEVER having a purchase of more than $250 he received an invoice or such for $13,000 (scam) because they said it "fit" his prior purchase history! He documented every single interaction & dates with PP (& also the Alphabet org that he was in contact with a number of times). They ARE NOT your "friends" & are quick to "push people around". Thanks Thomas for the info!

I have a friend who's been in litigation with PP for the last couple years. After 7 years with them & NEVER having a purchase of more than $250 he received an invoice or such for $13,000 (scam) because they said it "fit" his prior purchase history! He documented every single interaction & dates with PP (& also the Alphabet org that he was in contact with a number of times). They ARE NOT your "friends" & are quick to "push people around". Thanks Thomas for the info!
Hello @Gerry52

Well most likely had I not turned it over to the Texas Department of Banking, I would still be fighting PayPal.

ThomasT

Makes you wonder why everyone likes and wants electronic banking.. or should i say " autopay" system .

Once tere in this is how it ends to close them out or get rid of them ..

Also if im forced to use it i set up a side account at the bank that only deposit a excat amount of payment . Not a dime more. So of they try to pull a stunt like toms deal , well they can draw -0- amount . Anyway try a side account that is just for these things and maybe use a different bank then the one your main moneys at ..lol

Folks better think long and hard on how cashless transaction or economy put you under the thumb and can ruin you in a click of anybodys keyboard .. see how cancle culture points to how easy it can be...

I buy things using PayPal,I use a separate band account, and never have a lot of money in it. Have over 2100 purchases using PayPal, they backed me up a couple of times.
All this information is great to know; Crazy that some of you have been treated so poorly, makes me wonder why I never had a problem.
I think they protect the buyer, not so much the seller, and of course their aass.

Thomas! You are a much better man than me especially with patience and I am so glad you got that issue resolved with PP! That I am sure was a headache non-parallel! Thank you for the info on how to "deal with PP on major issues"! 🤗🙏
Hello @Ranchibi

I was raised to TRY always to be nice to folks, but this course that PayPal took wound up pushing the wrong button on me :mad:.

ThomasT

Yeah, just re-joined and sure ready to delete my account again.
Hello @Nomadic Pirate 66

All I can say is be very careful.

Even though PayPal sent that letter to the Texas Department Banking and to me stating my account had been cleared and then closed at my request......guess who called me today again. Yep it was the Collection Department of Pay Pal demanding that I owed them money :mad: . I cannot print here on the Forum what I told that guy, but it was not "have a nice day", 🤫.

Now I have been forced to spend the last 2 hours compiling copies of emails and composing another letter for the Texas Department of Banking.

ThomasT

Hello @Nomadic Pirate 66

All I can say is be very careful.

Even though PayPal sent that letter to the Texas Department Banking and to me stating my account had been cleared and then closed at my request......guess who called me today again. Yep it was the Collection Department of Pay Pal demanding that I owed them money :mad: . I cannot print here on the Forum what I told that guy, but it was not "have a nice day", 🤫.

Now I have been forced to spend the last 2 hours compiling copies of emails and composing another letter for the Texas Department of Banking.

ThomasT
Gosh darn Thomas! A letter to the Business Bureau about PP's HARASSMENT towards you should be next up on your agenda, make lots of copies......

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT