Do I really need any more airguns....because i keep wanting to buy another & my wife's had enough??

I'm quite sure I am not alone in having an almost addictive need to purchase new, different air guns. Despite having a ridiculous collection, especially after factoring in all the scopes, ammo, targets, cases, slings, & upgrades/mods Ive done, etc., I STILL want MORE!! So my question is: do we really NEED more airguns; & if the answer is no, then follow up questions are why not & then why do you think we keep buying them, and if yes, why the need. Different hunting approaches, compactness for carrying, ammo size/cost, I mean I could go on & on? Hence my asking the greatest online forum of airgunners! Do we (or I) actually NEED more airguns? (Help me convince my wife, fellas!)

So, I have: Umarex.510cal Hammer, FX Wildcat MKIII .30cal, Hatsan Blitz .30cal, Hatsan Barrage .25cal, Hatsan Jet I .22cal & Jet II .25cal, Umarex Origin .22cal, Umarex HDR .50cal, two Umarex HDS68 double-barrel shotguns, Sig Sauer Virtus .22cal, Umarex HDX .68cal pump shotgun, Seneca .50cal Double Shot shotgun & .50cal Dragonclaw II, Umarex .50cal HDS pistol, Umarex Air Javelin & Air Saber air rifles, not to mention 7 BB guns/rifles.

So, ladies & gents- what's the verdict? When are enough air guns enough? Or are there ever "enough" airguns?? I have my eye on the Umarex Primal shotgun....

Yes, one can have too many of anything. Many here have stated it. What's the point or purpose of anything that we do. In everything that we do we can cause pain or progress. For myself, I have had too many of good things such as 12 muscle cars in the span of 5 years that traded up to buy a house, enough engines and parts to build 3 dragster, 1 bike for every possible riding style, more guitars than I could play at once, and now airguns that I can't count and I'm now in the process of finding the ones that fill multiple needs. Eventually the purpose the hobby served was replaced by the purpose to serve the hobby. My wife has always supported me although she has dropped questions when things looked excessive. I have always eventually thinned things down to what was used most often before it impeded my other relationships. At the end of the day, only you can make that call.

If you are a collector? Have at it, I am not and have found that with airguns, in practical use? Less is more and have somewhat settled on a trinity in my stable. I like getting to “intimately know my guns because there’s only so much of “me” to spread around. That said, am going to take my little Atomic out the safe. She and I are well acquainted and there are some rats that need attending to…🤓🙏

Yes, one can have too many of anything. Many here have stated it. What's the point or purpose of anything that we do. In everything that we do we can cause pain or progress. For myself, I have had too many of good things such as 12 muscle cars in the span of 5 years that traded up to buy a house, enough engines and parts to build 3 dragster, 1 bike for every possible riding style, more guitars than I could play at once, and now airguns that I can't count and I'm now in the process of finding the ones that fill multiple needs. Eventually the purpose the hobby served was replaced by the purpose to serve the hobby. My wife has always supported me although she has dropped questions when things looked excessive. I have always eventually thinned things down to what was used most often before it impeded my other relationships. At the end of the day, only you can make that call.
Agreed to a point . My Queen has supported me ( though at times w/ raised eyebrows ) through my "gun" accumulation(s) , then into airguns . There came a time some months ago when I took a hard look at the cabinets and said it was time for others to experience the joy I've felt working w/ most of these items. Life changes prompt other changes , so a father & son got a deal and gave me a surprising amount of space for other "stuff" ! Although I doubt I'll collect as many air toys as firearms I have come to the point where I ask myself " what to shoot today ?" She , the one I've just celebrated 43yrs with , will help hold me back ;) !

The way I justify this issue is whenever a new ammo comes out that peaks my interest , I must have a new gun. I can’t go adjusting any that I already have and get them all messed up!!! They are already set up perfectly for what they like. Not to mention all the different animals (caliber specific)you can hunt and all the different shooting disciplines there are. These all require different guns. Moral of the story you only live once. Have fun and buy them all.

I think it is a “time of life” thing...

When funds are limited due to other factors in life I had one “cover most bases” airgun (bow, rod, etc.) and had to make do with that.

As financial burdens lessened (better salary, kids leaving home) more disposable cash was available to afford guns for specific applications and the cabinet was populated with a variety of types, calibers and powers of airguns. New technology (slugs) and interests different disciplines drove the purchases.

Now retired, no mortgage, no loans and financially comfortable, funds are available to pursue various interests. Enjoy you hobbies while you can!

To the OP - IMHO, harmony in the household is top priority.

…that being said, I’m sure that your wife knows that a variety of pots are required for cooking and maybe she will understand that for different applications a variety of airguns is also desirable.

Cheers!

I'm just starting out on this hobby myself, and really afraid of getting in the same boat. Started out cheap with a Hatsan, and still waiting for it to be delivered, but I catch myself looking for other models (HW50S) thinking I'm going to want to upgrade to that sooner than later. And then theres expanding to the PCP side of things.... I think I might be in trouble...

I'm just starting out on this hobby myself, and really afraid of getting in the same boat. Started out cheap with a Hatsan, and still waiting for it to be delivered, but I catch myself looking for other models (HW50S) thinking I'm going to want to upgrade to that sooner than later. And then theres expanding to the PCP side of things.... I think I might be in trouble...

YOU, sir, are in BIG trouble! :ROFLMAO: