Do I really need any more airguns....because i keep wanting to buy another & my wife's had enough??

I'm quite sure I am not alone in having an almost addictive need to purchase new, different air guns. Despite having a ridiculous collection, especially after factoring in all the scopes, ammo, targets, cases, slings, & upgrades/mods Ive done, etc., I STILL want MORE!! So my question is: do we really NEED more airguns; & if the answer is no, then follow up questions are why not & then why do you think we keep buying them, and if yes, why the need. Different hunting approaches, compactness for carrying, ammo size/cost, I mean I could go on & on? Hence my asking the greatest online forum of airgunners! Do we (or I) actually NEED more airguns? (Help me convince my wife, fellas!)

So, I have: Umarex.510cal Hammer, FX Wildcat MKIII .30cal, Hatsan Blitz .30cal, Hatsan Barrage .25cal, Hatsan Jet I .22cal & Jet II .25cal, Umarex Origin .22cal, Umarex HDR .50cal, two Umarex HDS68 double-barrel shotguns, Sig Sauer Virtus .22cal, Umarex HDX .68cal pump shotgun, Seneca .50cal Double Shot shotgun & .50cal Dragonclaw II, Umarex .50cal HDS pistol, Umarex Air Javelin & Air Saber air rifles, not to mention 7 BB guns/rifles.

So, ladies & gents- what's the verdict? When are enough air guns enough? Or are there ever "enough" airguns?? I have my eye on the Umarex Primal shotgun....

Listen to your wife, you have an abundance of airguns, so what? The entire collection isn’t worth an atom of your wife’s worth to you. Can’t say I haven’t been in the same boat with different endeavors. Simply, always side or sacrifice for, she you love mostest… Me? For airguns, a trinity, three guns for different purposes. Hard lesson learned from too many “unused” powder burners and bicycles…🙏 Good luck…

The formula for enough is the total collection +1 more? HaHaHa

I truly believe it is a sickness?

I'm so blessed that my wife likes to shoot as well.......It sure beats drugs, I only wish it was cheaper than drugs. :ROFLMAO:
My friend, you are INDEED blessed! My wife enjoys shooting firearms at the local range, but not our airguns in the indoor range I've built in our basement for some reason. But I gotta say, she said shooting 32 rounds in a second with Hatsan Blitz made her "tingle"!!

Listen to your wife, you have an abundance of airguns, so what? The entire collection isn’t worth an atom of your wife’s worth to you. Can’t say I haven’t been in the same boat with different endeavors. Simply, always side or sacrifice for, she you love mostest… Me? For airguns, a trinity, three guns for different purposes. Hard lesson learned from too many “unused” powder burners and bicycles…🙏 Good luck…
Love it, brother- you are wise & I 100% agree to the trinity...definitely not selling my others, but feel now I do not need any additional guns.

Love it, brother- you are wise & I 100% agree to the trinity...definitely not selling my others, but feel

Now it’s time to sell them all and buy one bad ars one or two.
Have a recommendation for the "baddest 'arsed" one to buy? What's your favorite manufacturer? I like so many, more & more joining the game every year, so like to hear what fellow airgunners think.

Truth is people are additive creatures. People can have too much of many things.F yes you can have too many air guns, anyone who tells you differently is also an additect.Just because you can have it does not mean you need it.
Being a hypocrite is too easy,ain't it.:p

Last edited:
lol I have one of each they’re all tasty
I honestly don't think there can ever be enough....different shooting platforms (bullpup, rifle, sortie, shotgun. pistol, etc), fill pressures, FPE's, fps, ammo sizes, uses (plinking vs target vs vermin vs hunting, etc), all make it hard to just choose one or two guns.

Reactions: bearair
Truth is people are additive creatures. People can have too much of many things.F yes you can have too many air guns, anyone who tells you differently is also an additect.Just because you can have it does not mine you need it.
Being a hypocrit is too easy,ain't it.:p
I think it is, in a way, an addiction for me. But as my wife says, "I'd rather you be addicted to shooting guns than anything else!"

Can you do what you want with what you have? I only shoot birds at dairies so the FX Royals I have fill the bill. If I wanted to shoot slugs then I would need an airgun that will shoot slugs. Sounds simple but probably not.
Yes, I can totally do what I need with what I have. And then some!!
Again, I really appreciate the input from my fellow airgunners because you guys/gals put it in perspective. My wife's gonna be happy, me....not so much, joking, only in so far as I won't be buying more guns anytime soon! AGN truly rocks!

I think a big problem for me is getting rid of the ones I do not use anymore,I just keep buying,got better ones then realized so many air guns shoot so close to each other they become redundant...maybe give each air gun a ladies name, after a while you forget their names, then you know it is time to quit buying,:ROFLMAO:

I think a big problem for me is getting rid of the ones I do not use anymore,I just keep buying,got better ones then realized so many air guns shoot so close to each other they become redundant...maybe give each air gun a ladies name, after a while you forget their names, then you know it is time to quit buying,:ROFLMAO:
Recently i did a culling

No, I am out of space to really store anymore reasonably. Also,.properly caring for and using the ones I have now pretty much has me at my limit. Also consider many of my guns have multiple barrels, calibers. 6 of them have both rifle and pistol stocks. 9 total guns, but a lot more potential configurations.