Do I need...

It depends. I run weaver adapters a lot, just because it makes it easier to swap scopes around. My favorite setup is a Sportsmatch scope stop mounted behind a weaver base with low rings on top. Extremely stable, doesn't creep, and the thick-ole stop pin in the sports match block doesn't mar receivers like the thinner ones.

Hawke makes a nice one piece base - fully adjustable for elevation but holds zero extremely well. They also have static ones with no adjustment. In my experience the Hawke 1-pc bases have much better QC than the UTG or Amazon no-names.

One piece dovetail mounts are fine, but make sure you use the recoil pin and/or a scope stop or it will move. The only one I haven't had move on me is the BKL one piece, but that design only works with certain scopes because there isn't enough clearance for the turret housing.

I've used 2-pc mounts but its probably my least favorite solution. It SEEMS like I have more scope trouble with those. It was common knowledge for a while that 2 piece mounts are harder on scopes. Not sure if that's the consensus still.

Good luck!

Last edited: