Do I need to bleed the air out of my gun before .......

I got a Diana .177 Stormrider for my birthday and I'm really, really enjoying it and I'll probably use it for the Pyramyd Air MoA challenge. My question is; I want to add a barrel band to my Stormrider and got one from Buck-Rail because it has a picatinny for my bipod. Do I need to empty the cylinder, bleeding the air out of the gun before I remove the 19" barrel which is required for the barrel band installation? I shot the gun today and I'd like to install the barrel band tomorrow but I don't want to fill it up until I hear from you guys. I've searched the internet for the answer but had no luck.
Thanks, Mark

Reactions: BurntDog
Short answer? No

Now let me tell you why I would. Mistakes are easy to make. High pressure air should be respected. Working on it while it is charged is a bit like working on a loaded firearm.

That OPINION is worth what you paid for it.
What he said and ask yourself are you confident knowledgeable and sure that removing YOUR barrel won't cause/risk a catastrophic failure that may injure you? If you are nervous then please take the extra few minutes it would take to empty and then refill your tank. I'm guessing you have a compressor so I would say play it safe depressurize the tank.

Hopefully an actual owner will chime in, but pretty sure it will depend on how the transfer port is set up, but you should be able to remove the barrel and breech as one, once you remove any existing barrel band and/or moderator - this should be able to be done SAFELY without disturbing your pressurised airtube -

I would wait for more info from an actual owner, just trying to help -

Reactions: BurntDog