Do I have odc?

Odc can mean a lot of things but I'm my case it's Obsession with doing things perfectly.

I have have an impact with amp reg and it would creep 5 bars overnight. If left for longer periods of time like a week it would climb from 140 bar to 150 bar. I couldn't stand it leaving it like that. I had to fix it. So took out piston and washers. Clean inside and lube it. Still creeps. Again couldn't stand it. Had to do something. So after of taking reg out more than 5 times trying to get rid of it with no success. I ordered a Huma. Installed it and it seem like it worked. But then I left it out longer, like a week. And it creep slightly. Probably like 2-3 bars? Maybe. Very little but I can't stand it either. I had to fix this too. Damn. So took it out. Clean it and replace with the extra white delrin they sent. Left it over and it still creep like 2-3 bars. Huma reg seem better than the fx amp reg but still not perfect. I thinking I having ocd here. I want perfect. Meaning ZERO reg creep. Is this possible?

It is not necessary to have a bedrock solid pressure to achieve a stable velocity. If you will set the hammer spring tension to deliver about 97% of the peak velocity, the 10 bar difference (150 bar vs. 140 bar) will not cause any meaningful change in velocity. A well tuned unregulated PCP will frequently hold a 1 – 2% ES over a range of 500psi or more. A regulated PCP can be made to operate in the same manner. In your example, the 10 bar difference is less than 150psi. That’s practically nothing.

But I’m pretty sure I said that in your previous thread :)

Reactions: STO
It is not necessary to have a bedrock solid pressure to achieve a stable velocity. If you will set the hammer spring tension to deliver about 97% of the peak velocity, the 10 bar difference (150 bar vs. 140 bar) will not cause any meaningful change in velocity. A well tuned unregulated PCP will frequently hold a 1 – 2% ES over a range of 500psi or more. In your example, the 10 bar difference is less than 150psi. That’s practically nothing.

But I’m pretty sure I said that in your previous thread :)

^What this gentleman said. 

I should also add that, when you're looking at such small plenum pressure changes, these can be caused by small and totally normal daily temperature changes. So even if you have no reg leak whatsoever, you'll still witness a change in plenum pressure simply because ambient temperature changed. 

So, in short, don't worry about it. Or you can always go out and test and tune your gun until it shows you that there is no issue with a little plenum pressure change. Food for thought. 

Idk if its temp related. My gun is store inside my home. So room temp I would say. When dry fire it, the reg will show slightly less pressure. Like I said maybe 2-3 bar less. Maybe 5 maximum with the Huma reg. But drives me nuts that it's not sitting same pressure if I leave it for few hours. I know tuning the gun will overcome most creep. But wanting perfection might be too much to ask for.

Odc can mean a lot of things but I'm my case it's Obsession with doing things perfectly.

OK, this just has to be addressed because I am OCD. OCD is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder... the general (and oft-misapplied) description of the psychological compulsion to say or do something just to "get it right" or "make it perfect". Think of Tony Shaloub's character Adrian Monk.

What irony that the title of this thread got that anagram mixed up. The letter mix-up was like an ant crawling around in my brain, giving me no rest and bugging me no end until I could blurt out a correction. Thing is, the OP wasn't a crime or anything... it was just an irresistible lure for a piece of work like me.

It’s not a question necessarily about striving for perfection it’s more your state of mind when you don’t achieve it.

I don't think OCD has much to do wirh perfection 

what you are talking about is wisdom the WISDOM to leave well enough alone and to be happy with what you have 

wisdom is in short supply and I could use some if any or you have extra

Reactions: ironlion269