• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Do dealers match prices & how are trades evaluated

I’m an Alkin compressor dealer. The MSRP is what it is. I can offer any rebate/refund% I choose to, but other dealers wouldn’t like me much.

It comes down to they’re all supposed to be able to make a certain amount on a sale. I, do to income limitations set on me by Disability would rather sell more compressors a month at a reduced price and reach my limit of allotted income. It doesn’t matter because I don’t stock, advertise. Most people don’t want higher prices/quality when cheaper ones will get them by. Even if their guns do smell funny when they shoot them or moisture is corroding guns/cylinders from the inside out.

I’m an Alkin compressor dealer. The MSRP is what it is. I can offer any rebate/refund% I choose to, but other dealers wouldn’t like me much.

It comes down to they’re all supposed to be able to make a certain amount on a sale. I, do to income limitations set on me by Disability would rather sell more compressors a month at a reduced price and reach my limit of allotted income. It doesn’t matter because I don’t stock, advertise. Most people don’t want higher prices/quality when cheaper ones will get them by. Even if their guns do smell funny when they shoot them or moisture is corroding guns/cylinders from the inside out.

James, Thank you for your reply. I had my own Muscle Car Restoration business years back and I do understand what you are saying. It was also difficult for me to compete when my suppliers dictated prices.

James, Thank you for your reply. I had my own Muscle Car Restoration business years back and I do understand what you are saying. It was also difficult for me to compete when my suppliers dictated prices.

The problem comes when dealers don't follow those rules, I know that sounds backwards but its true. There are a lot of places you can buy something cheaper than the MAP Price(Minimum Advertised Price) a manufacturer sets but in almost all cases these are drop shippers and fly by night dealers with little to no customer support and not a certified dealer for the products being sold 

The result is a product that will not be recognized by the manufacturer warranty in some cases, and a dealer that you cannot go back to if there is a problem. 

Another end result is the loss of the local shops because they cannot compete with the 30% profit margin (sometimes even less than that) 

When you add in so called wholesalers / Distributors/ Retailers Who not only are Monopolizing ( which by the way is illegal in the united states) the import of the goods and pricing but competing with the dealers they are selling too it is very hard to match prices there just isn't enough meat on the bone to do so.