Do any Omega Compressor owners fill their guns directly from the compressor?

I have just found out how slow they are to fill a scuba tank and wondered if any of you who owns one, uses it to fill your guns directly from the compressor instead of filling a scuba tank with it? My thoughts were to fill my scuba tank and then use my booster pump and scuba tank to fill my guns, been pondering the heat and moisture side of things. It would not take long to fill a gun and so not much heat would be generated and very little moisture produced. Every 15 to 20 minutes I release the moisture which is evidently quite present, would filling guns directly reduce this and be a more favorable method to use it. I would appreciate responses from those who own the unit and have experience with filling their guns directly with it, many thanks, Neil.

Does it actually put out much moisture during the filling of a gun? The amount it puts out after 15 minutes can be seen but it is not a very large volume. I was hoping that filling the gun directly would not show much evidence of moisture, it sounds like I could be wrong on that. I am wondering if investing in one of the high pressure moisture filters would be worth while, thanks for the response, Neil.

I own an Omega compressor, but never fill my guns directly. My reason is.....well, paranoia. :) The compressors burst disk is set to pop at around 4800/5000psi. My large carbon-fiber bottle fills to 4500, as does my pygmy omega bottle. But, all of my guns' max pressure is much below that. I know that the Omega has an adjustable "stop" gauge (meaning you can set the machine to auto-stop at any pressure). And, this gauge has never failed to do its job. BUT, if it ever did fail, and I was filling my gun directly, I fear that I would damage it. So, I prefer to fill to the tanks (and then to the gun), because the tanks would likely be just fine if the gauge failed and the compressor filled to the point that the burst disk popped.

I have seen the inline moisture filters. They appear well-built and easy to use. I just haven't bought one because there is no evidence that moisture is a problem. I have drained my tanks to empty and inspected them; same goes for many of the cylinders/bottles on my guns.

For reference, I live in southern Wisconsin USA, and keep my compressor in the basement. Our basement does not have a dehumidifier, but the house has air conditioning, and moisture isn't generally an issue.

Thanks guys and Ted I understand the paranoia, my brother in law uses his to fill his Marauder without using a separate bottle and forgot to lower the maximum pressure on the compressor. Luckily he did not burst his air tube but he did ruin the pressure gauge on the gun, not a big expense but he could have had more serious results! I guess it would not hurt me to buy a moisture filter and just use the pump to fill my 2 scuba tanks and then use my booster pump to fill my guns. 2 full scuba tanks with my booster pump last me about 12 months so running the pump for 2 days to fill my 2 tanks would still not give it excessive use. My main concerns were the moisture so I just have to weigh up if a moisture filter is really worth the investment. Rocky my air is only used for air guns so breathing the air is not an issue, but thanks for mentioning it, it is good safety advise for those who do not realize the hazards of breathing air not correctly filtered, Neil.

I don't own an omega, but I do fill my cricket with a shoebox. I am planning on buying a small tank at some point, but with the shot count I get, it really is not necessary right now. The time required to fill the rifle gives me the perfect motivation to clean up whatever tools and junk I have lying around in the garage. And most times I really need that motivation :)