• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Do any of you know the maximum fill pressure for the Marauder .25 caliber?

My brother in law also has an Omega compressor and he told me he fills his 25 caliber Marauder to 3500psi, this seems to be on the high side. I have 2 Marauders a .177 and a .22 and the maximum psi is about 3000, is the 25 caliber any different or is he just over pressurizing his gun, this kind of concerned me when he told me this, Neil.

Well – I think the weak link could be the three #10 – 32 socket head cap screws holding the valve into the tube. The diameter of the tube is approx. 1.06 inches in dia and with only 3000 psi pressurized in the tube, the force behind the valve is 2647 lbs. Thats a ton of force. If the screws fail the valve will push the hammer thru the rear of the tube and if you are about to take a shot, will more than likely plant all three parts thru your teeth and into your mouth. You might survive it – you will lose some teeth and maybe a broken jaw – But the up side is during the 8 weeks your jaw will be wired shut, you will probable think it is lucky you are missing a few teeth so you don’t have to strain all your food through your teeth when you eat. But I may be getting off topic a bit and I have been requested not to do that.

I don't intentionally fill my Maraurder beyond 3000 psi. - But that just me!

Edit: I can't spell!

Reactions: Mike-K and Michael
Everyone - Please be careful out there.

*edit: 8AM. Killzone, this is Ted. I told you all I would not moderate this forum, and I have stuck to that since it launched. But, your post forced me to log in as admin (something I never wanted to do) because that photo needed to be removed immediately. A photo of a bloodied and disfigured human face is not something folks want to be surprised with. So, it was no surprise that our members flagged the heck out of your post. If you want to use a shocking photo like that to make a point about airgun safety, I would advise you to start a new Topic, warn members of the GRAPHIC nature, and site credible sources to support your claims.

EDIT: My sincere apologies! - KV

No airgun manufacturer wants to wind up in court with you after your PCP blows up in your face, even if it is your fault for over pressurizing your gun. So Im sure that the manufacturers lawyers have insisted that they make them handle 3 or maybe even 6 times the recommended pressure. I believe that is why a Marauder weighs so much more than it looks like it should. My .25 is tuned to nearly max power and shoots best when starting at 3200psi. I have no worries about that. But I once accidently allowed it to go to 4000 psi. There was no hammerlock and it shot fine. BTW Daystate marks their PCP tanks with date of manufacture and have a stated 10 year life. Something I'm surprised Crosman and others do not do.

Well – I think the weak link could be the three #10 – 32 socket head cap screws holding the valve into the tube. The diameter of the tube is approx. 1.06 inches in dia and with only 3000 psi pressurized in the tube, the force behind the valve is 2647 lbs. Thats a ton of force. If the screws fail the valve will push the hammer thru the rear of the tube and if you are about to take a shot, will more than likely plant all three parts thru your teeth and into your mouth. You might survive it – you will lose some teeth and maybe a broken jaw – But the up side is during the 8 weeks your jaw will be wired shut, you will probable think it is lucky you are missing a few teeth so you don’t have to strain all your food through your teeth when you eat. But I may be getting off topic a bit and I have been requested not to do that.

NOT TRUE! I just got off the phone with Crossman Tech Support. No part of the pressure tube faces a human. The pressure tube will and can burst. But not the tube. The fill station at THE FRONT of the Ben Marauder will likely fail with the tube remaining intact. The fill area is at the front and Crossman designs thee to fail at 3600 psi on purpose. As mentioned before yo avoid legal torts. Nothing will fracture your jaw or blow teeth out. Please cite your sources like I did for accurate and correct information!

NOT TRUE! I just got off the phone with Crossman Tech Support. No part of the pressure tube faces a human. The pressure tube will and can burst. But not the tube. The fill station at THE FRONT of the Ben Marauder will likely fail with the tube remaining intact. The fill area is at the front and Crossman designs thee to fail at 3600 psi on purpose. As mentioned before yo avoid legal torts. Nothing will fracture your jaw or blow teeth out. Please cite your sources like I did for accurate and correct information!
I meant no part that would fail faces the human face, jaw, &/or the teeth!

Well – I think the weak link could be the three #10 – 32 socket head cap screws holding the valve into the tube. The diameter of the tube is approx. 1.06 inches in dia and with only 3000 psi pressurized in the tube, the force behind the valve is 2647 lbs. Thats a ton of force. If the screws fail the valve will push the hammer thru the rear of the tube and if you are about to take a shot, will more than likely plant all three parts thru your teeth and into your mouth. You might survive it – you will lose some teeth and maybe a broken jaw – But the up side is during the 8 weeks your jaw will be wired shut, you will probable think it is lucky you are missing a few teeth so you don’t have to strain all your food through your teeth when you eat. But I may be getting off topic a bit and I have been requested not to do that.

Shear force of each of those screw is 2700lbs each, so 8100lbs combines …so should be fine there.