Do Any Of You Guys Reuse Pellets?

Make me think about when I was a kid. A BB gun was most prixed. having ammo was a great thing. When I got low I woud go to extreme measures to get my BB back.
I can remember having a shooting match with the kid from down the road with one BB. Must have shot that BB 50 times. Took a running shot at a lizard lost my BB. Had to wait till my Dad got paid to get some more

Nope, never a good idea. Melt them down, use a mold and make new ones. I also have found ones that look like they could be shot again but really, for what a pellet cost it seems foolish. If I was needing my next meal then absolutely.
I am new to this hobby so please excuse my ignorance.

Melt them down and make new ones? It never occurred to me this is something people do. What is the advantage of doing so? Are you able to make something that you otherwise would not be able to buy? Is it cheaper to make your own? Just wondering. Thanks.

Reactions: beerthief
I tried and tried, but just couldn't get mine to go back into the magazine ;)

IMG_6062.jpg

I am new to this hobby so please excuse my ignorance.

Melt them down and make new ones? It never occurred to me this is something people do. What is the advantage of doing so? Are you able to make something that you otherwise would not be able to buy? Is it cheaper to make your own? Just wondering. Thanks.
only those with time to do , if you factor in the time it takes it is a losing proposition and the results are a maybe . Plus lead fumes and dust .

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
only those with time to do , if you factor in the time it takes it is a losing proposition and the results are a maybe . Plus lead fumes and dust .
Agreed so do it outside or in a well ventilated area. As far as it being a waste of time, it's just another hobby and by definition no hobby is a waste of time.