• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Do-All Quadrant target (don't do it)

I've been wanting a quadrant target to add to my practice /sight in range. I missed the boat on the old Steel Plinkers, and I'm not ready to get a second mortgage for the Action Arms targets, so imagine my surprise when I saw a quadrant target for $35. The official name is the Do All Outdoors .22 Dialed Spinning Target. I saw that they have them in stock a Tractor Supply, and I happened to be by a Tractor Supply this morning, so I took a look.

Nope.

This target is designed to be shot at 50 to 100 yards with a 22LR. The plates are thick and heavy, which I would be ok with. The main issue (and reason I didn't buy it) is the center piece is huge. I didn't measure it, but it's at least 1 1/4" diameter. Might be good for some of you EFT guys, but for field target, not going to work.

They did have a regular 3 circle spinner for $12, I jumped all over that.

I have a 4 inch plate for my 100yrd and up plinking😅 it's made for ARs; i think half inch thick; but it's so windy here usually; so it doesn't wobble around as much as a spinner. I just love the difference in sounds really🥴 ting, tong, twang(hitting different types of stuff that i use...now I'm thinking of making a set just to try and hit certain "notes"; make then SING!🥰

I have a 4 inch plate for my 100yrd and up plinking😅 it's made for ARs; i think half inch thick; but it's so windy here usually; so it doesn't wobble around as much as a spinner. I just love the difference in sounds really🥴 ting, tong, twang(hitting different types of stuff that i use...now I'm thinking of making a set just to try and hit certain "notes"; make then SING!🥰
toasty.. maybe you need a old set of pipe wind chimes 😀
Mark

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I've been wanting a quadrant target to add to my practice /sight in range. I missed the boat on the old Steel Plinkers, and I'm not ready to get a second mortgage for the Action Arms targets, so imagine my surprise when I saw a quadrant target for $35. The official name is the Do All Outdoors .22 Dialed Spinning Target. I saw that they have them in stock a Tractor Supply, and I happened to be by a Tractor Supply this morning, so I took a look.

Nope.

This target is designed to be shot at 50 to 100 yards with a 22LR. The plates are thick and heavy, which I would be ok with. The main issue (and reason I didn't buy it) is the center piece is huge. I didn't measure it, but it's at least 1 1/4" diameter. Might be good for some of you EFT guys, but for field target, not going to work.

They did have a regular 3 circle spinner for $12, I jumped all over that.
This might be a good project for someone handy with a torch/welder or spare time. To weld a central thin bar with a inter-changeable reducer attached to the top and bottom of the stationary support bars. Don't know if it'll be strong enough to take multiple hits.

Or

A horizontal plate on the bottom (it'll probably cover a portion of the lower left and right quadrant and restrict movement ) attached to both sides of the vertical exterior support bars and position just below the bottom edge of the paddle. Then Just have a way to attach a variety of reducers.

...if not, I'm sure someone will come up with another way to put a reducer on this target.

Good find BTW...ideas are churning to modify this for smaller KZ
1692841897092.png

Last edited:
but then you would have a gap where near misses would go, might as well shoot a small spinner at that point

If you want to close the gap, you could make adjustable 1/4 circle piece for the edge of each of those quadrants. Might be able to cut a thick fender washer into 4 pieces to make the job easier. Then screw or weld the pieces on.

Then you'll have the first quadrant target with an adjustable KZ/paddle.

or
If you want less modification,
leave the central paddle as is.

Just make adjustable or permanent 1/4 circle piece for the edge of each quadrants. Kind of like a 1/4 of a reducer for each quadrant. Problem is that if you hit the reducer...it's going to move the paddle too. (so if you see the paddle and one quadrant moving...you know you missed the paddle and you know which quadrant)

Last edited:
nothing like a small steel target up against a dry dirt bank.. then either you hear the hit or see the puff of dirt where you missed..
Mark
Agreed. I’m a big fan of “shooting dirt” and often shoot at small objects placed on the berms at our club. You either hit the target or see the miss in the dust. Best part? No target setup or takedown required!

Reactions: markhooper
Agreed. I’m a big fan of “shooting dirt” and often shoot at small objects placed on the berms at our club. You either hit the target or see the miss in the dust. Best part? No target setup or takedown required!
and you either hit or miss .. I used to practice 10 yards with Benjamin P1 at 10 yards with empty 22 brass.. set on a rail.. and 50 yards at empty 20 gauge shells sit on the ground.. got to where I could shoot the spray nozzle off a empty paint can and leave it standing at 50 yards.. I went through probably a tin of pellets a week to get that good.. and that was before I had any scope.. just iron sights..
Mark

Reactions: MilDot