Do all CO2 pistols shoot off their POA?

I wanted to try out CO2 pistols as I thought they would some fun not too expensive plinkers. I’m not talking about single shot target pistols, rather the Umarex 8-shot real steel replicas. I read through the reviews on Pyramyd and also all of the review articles and I got that these pistols may have POA and POI off a bit. But seriously, I got a Beretta 92FS, the new Sig P320, Walter CP88 competition with 6” barrel. All of these guns can create 10 - 15 yard groups under 2” (probably more if I practiced) yet I am totally turned off by how bad the POA/POI is. On almost all of them the pellets are landing almost 6” from where I am aiming. It’s totally frustrating as there is nothing you can do to adjust the scopes short of pulling out a metal file.

Am I missing something? How can you charge $300 for a CO2 replica pistol and it can’t even hit the damn target. 

Rant over - sorry!

you smack it with a block of wood, huh, and for the science of it if you need to go left you move the rear sight left and if you need it to go right well, you get the picture

most fix rear sight on air pistols have a grub screw and the hammer and block of wood is not needed but I do see where it could come in handy

No they didn't smack the sights (that would do no good, they are fixed). Pretty sure they are bending the barrel.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Ever consider buying a Co2 pistol with adjustable sights?

Yes, but they all look like airguns. I was trying for a replica type gun. 

I love the hit it with the hammer comments - freakin awesome. I may just take the sledgehammer to 'em eventually.

So I discovered a few things over the past days, after getting over myself and my four year old rant. One - Umarex put the sight onto the Beretta 92fs backwards. Two - I tried something - I took the magazine and put it flat on a counter top and pushed all the pellets towards the front of the mag thinking - hey, maybe they will seat better - and all my shots out of that mag were actually closer to target than ever before. 

The Sig P320 is still a POS though. Maybe I'll use it for target practice with an EdGun .30 and some of Nick's slugs. 

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
"List those options."

I don't keep up with inexpensive contemporary Co2 repeaters. But otherwise, any Co2 ten meter target pistol, most vintage Crosmans including the models 357, 38T & C, 600, 150/157, 111/112/115/116, Mark 1 & 2, the Smith & Wesson 78G and 79G, and some vintage Benjamin Co2 pistols, All but the Crosman 600 are much more accurate and powerful than contemporary C02 repeaters, and the 600 probably at least as accurate as the contemporaries. Oh, and most vintage Co2 pistols will last a lifetime (or two) if not destroyed by someone thinking them mere toys.

"List those options."

I don't keep up with inexpensive contemporary Co2 repeaters. But otherwise, any Co2 ten meter target pistol, most vintage Crosmans including the models 357, 38T & C, 600, 150/157, 111/112/115/116, Mark 1 & 2, the Smith & Wesson 78G and 79G, and some vintage Benjamin Co2 pistols, All but the Crosman 600 are much more accurate and powerful than contemporary C02 repeaters, and the 600 probably at least as accurate as the contemporaries. Oh, and most vintage Co2 pistols will last a lifetime (or two) if not destroyed by someone thinking them mere toys.
Thank you.

Reactions: Treefrog
I tried a couple of the replica repeaters. My complaint was the magazines are plastic and it doesn't take long for a metal gun to eat them. I did put a small cheap laser on one and it really helped the POA. I do have a Gamo PR 776 double action revolver with 8 shot slip in metal magazines. So you don't have to load those damn single cartridges It has an adjustable rear sight. I can shoot under an inch at 10 yards. I think PYA sells them for 120.00

Reactions: Treefrog
Daisy 415 and umarex broadax are most accurate bb pistols and some of the cheapest. Its a shame that most of these bb pistols dont have adjustable sights that would add what .25 cents to build cost? Or at least have aftermarket parts to easily switch out. But i will say the WORST gun i have for accuracy is sigs p226. Solid build but it couldnt hit the proverbial broad side of a barn. Its such complete garbage i dont think ill ever give them another penny. That "gun" is so insultingly inaccurate.

Daisy 415 and umarex broadax are most accurate bb pistols and some of the cheapest. Its a shame that most of these bb pistols dont have adjustable sights that would add what .25 cents to build cost? Or at least have aftermarket parts to easily switch out. But i will say the WORST gun i have for accuracy is sigs p226. Solid build but it couldnt hit the proverbial broad side of a barn. Its such complete garbage i dont think ill ever give them another penny. That "gun" is so insultingly inaccurate.
SIG p226 comes equipped with a loose barrel. If it is not loose out of the box then it will loosen with use.

Google "SIG p226 air pistol mods" for instructions on correcting this.