• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

DIY Shooting Bench

Thanks MG616, I'll check it out. I'm looking for something a little bit different. I shoot from by workshop/barn (nice smooth, finished concrete floor) to targets outside. That's why I'd like it to me movable - forward and back - but doesn't have to be transportable. I do like the classic shooting bench design and looking for favorites. 

Thanks!

Mike

Below is one that I built, it’s extremely steady and stable but will probably fail the movable part for you. I’ve got a tractor with a front end loader so picking it up isn’t an issue for me. 
70180C22-DABC-412E-8D20-EB0389653987.1645501612.jpeg

Hello, I ordered a table from Wal Mart. It's one of those small commercial banquet tables, very sturdy. It's weather tight, resin top, level, coated heavy metal legs that fold under the table. I didn't like the one that folds in the middle. Didn't think it would stay level. The table is 24 inches wide, 48 inches long and 30 inches high. It weights 25 pounds. Easy to move. The model name is Alera. I really like this table. Cost about $100.00 dollars shipped to my front door.

Find some old legs off a folding table. People throw them away all the time.. Remove the legs and make a top from plywood. BUT right now plywood is $$$$. I went a step further and moved / spread the legs to make a wider footprint. On the top I glued 1/4 plywood underlayment with 3/4" Polystyrene Foam Board Insulation sandwiched in between. I used Gorilla glue.. does not flex and is light weight.. Works perfect.. 

I made the same bench Chad posted a video about up above except that I switched out the 6”x6” for 4”x4”. It’s still super stable and very solid but is easier to move if necessary. I also used pressure treated lumber down below and Trex decking on top for a long life. We’ve been using it a few years, it’s been out in the weather the whole time and still looks great. I also added a couple little shelves and a basket underneath for storage. It’s a great design, easy to make and fairly inexpensive. I’m a lefty, my boys both right handed, two of us shoot on it at the same time without being crowded. It really is a great design. 

Stoti

I'd like to have one like Cannonball because the extra weight makes it very stable. I built a very cheap one from free pallet wood other than the seats but after using it I learned why people put those 45s in the corners. If you don't your rear bag keeps slipping off there. I just need to sand it with a belt sander and spray it with ethylene glycol antifreeze now to stop rot and insects.

B2 - Copy.1645051471.jpg

Reactions: pan60
271FADA0-E0E8-4FB4-936F-20E6C0FD6A16.1645655805.jpeg
I used a piece of 3/4” pine plywood for the top. Cut out an area to “sit in,” and put some left over carpet on the top. Cut a hand hold to carry. The legs I ordered. I think they’re called “Buddy Legs.” I think I paid around $60 shipped. Pricy but heavy duty and very stable. Portable. Collapses down. Very easy to store or transport. There are lots of ideas online

Reactions: pan60