• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

DIY Plinking Ideas

Our goodwill prices are now more then new at walmart..lol i use to get stuff to shoot like nice thick botyom frypans to make my frygongs .. not no more ..

I had a bag of grill charcole that just would not burn so i set some of the bricketts up to shoot.. the rest of the bag on the burn pile . It burned then well ..lol

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
View attachment 334853

Agree with posting #4

Spoon as spinners.

Get those thick spoons at garage sales...or thrift stores or free at Craigslist (avoid those wimpy thin ones as they don't hold their shape too well after been shot)

bend the handle around a screw

Hacksaw/ grind the spoon to a smaller size for a more challenging target.
I like this idea. a tack weld to attach would work too.

Thermite needs something extremely hot to ignite it, and I wouldn't suggest playing with it unless you know what you are doing.

Now if you are talking about tannerite, then no a pcp won't have the power to set it off.
I think they make an airgun version of tannerite, or whatever it is, serves the same function as tannerite.

Reactions: woogie_man
I've been enjoying shooting tin cans at 50 - 60 yrd with my R7 .177 and Hw50 .22. But what I don't like is have to change the cans out. I decided to cut some 4" length pieces off of a old cyclone fence corner post. The post diameter in almost the same as a soup can diameter. I cut five pieces, drilled two holes in the top edge across from each other. I've painted some orange and some yellow. I also cut some 4" pieces off of a smaller diameter cyclone fence line post. I'm curious how they're going to sound. I'll be hanging them 6' off the ground at 45, 50, 55, & 60 yards. Using tie wire and paracord to hang them.

That is an awsome idea. How do you keep it from sliding down? I se what looks like you peeled part of the screw to prevent the spoon from sliding. Do tell please. This is an awesome idea.

Ebay has some cheap plinking steel spinners. The spoon one or similar on ebay is about $10 this idea brilliant cost you more on gas to go to the good will store that the spoon and screw itself.
You can use a bushing like in photo. Lowe’s and Menard’s or Home Depot. If necessary you can stack them if you can’t find a long enough one.

E1B38018-60F5-4374-B857-318B7DCC2708.jpeg

I think they make an airgun version of tannerite, or whatever it is, serves the same function as tannerite.
A guy could just drill a hole into some wood and place a primer in it. It would take a dead on shot but you would know if you hit it. Of course this should only be done where it is legal to shoot a PB in the first place.

A guy could just drill a hole into some wood and place a primer in it. It would take a dead on shot but you would know if you hit it. Of course this should only be done where it is legal to shoot a PB in the first place.
I had a good amount of these left over when I retired. I wasn’t sure what to do with them as you just can’t throw them in the trash. Major fines if you do and a big safety concern.
I ended up hanging them within the confines of my steel pellet trap. Great reactive target at 50 plus yards that’s for sure-
F388616C-7FB3-454F-80A8-7B2CB805885A.png
F28DD8B8-E24C-4757-9AA5-1E10C123B5FE.jpeg
B24AB36F-1809-41AC-B233-62D8C61E27A3.png

have you seen those caps for plastic bottles that lets you pump them up with pressure so they splode on impact?

I bought some a couple of months ago but haven't tried them yet. I've been saving up bottles that the caps fit but not being much of a soda drinker I've only got 4.🤪 Now if they would fit water bottles I'd never run out as we go through almost a case a day.

One time my brother and I were seeing if we could hit the primer in a piece of .45ACP brass with my Crosman 717 pellet gun. Just the brass with no powder or bullet. Hit the primer and the primer launched out and hit me right in the forehead. Be careful.

• Wow