DIY Gun Cart

I saw one of these on the forum and just finished making a Gun Cart for myself. Thought I would share it with you. I've seen similar carts used by the PB people but this on is specifically for airguns.

I’m fortunate to have a backyard shooting range and can be plinking at a moment’s notice – grab an airgun, a can of pellets and step outside.

When tuning or testing I have to make several trips from basement to bench to get setup for the session so I decided to make a cart to be able to move everything in one go.

The cart is based on a 3-wheel jogging stroller. I stripped it to the chassis and added a wood tray, a cylinder for the air tank and a couple of Kolpin gun grips.

I mounted the cylinder (a piece of 8 inch PVC pipe) directly over the rear axel to keep the weight of the HPA tank at the cart's center of balance and used a strip of packing foam around the tank to secure it.

The wood tray is attached to the frame to provide rigidity. I’ve added a cradle for the LabRadar and a magnetic mount to secure the shooting rest. A couple of plastic utility boxes hold cleaning equipment, tools, targets, pellets and whatever other miscellaneous odds and sods that I need at the bench.

I’m pleased with the end result. Balance is good and the loaded cart is easy to maneuver through doorways and out onto the shooting range. Except for the Koplin gun grips and the stroller I got at a garage sale ($20) everything was made from stuff I scrounged.

A fun project!

Cheers!

Gun Cart.jpg