DIY FX Merlin hammer build

Hi all,

I am still trying to figure out PCP tuning and have as yet not been able to justify the several pounds of lead I have sent downrange. From what I have learned thus far it seems my hammer weight is/was way over what is needed. You see, I want to shoot 30 grain slugs and 18.21 grain pellets from the same barrel and have neither go supersonic or just drop out of the end of my barrel.

Have a Maverick which I bought new with a slug conversion. That is the probe, heavy barrel, hammer weight (30g) already installed. Also in the case were the standard barrel and probe but not the standard hammer weight which I assume was a 7g unit. By the way, I am shooting a .22 caliber.
To potentially solve my issue with desired projectile weight ranges, I thought to experiment with the hammer weights, but having only one, I had to manufacture one on the cheap.

Found that a VW engine mounting used nice 10mm high tensile steel bolts (There are three mounts so I figured two will do...) and got to work. Results seem promising but have some way to go as yet. I'll let the pictures say the rest.

Stage 1:
tempImagefBGFW8.jpg

Almost finished:
tempImage0alfu5.jpg

Blue is better, right? 30g weight for comparison:
tempImage8UHrAv.jpg

Anybody try this experiment before?

Regards