DIY Concrete Shooting Table

I was proud of this table I made at my son in law’s house last year. You cant blame table wobble for a poor shot!! Lol. I poured a slab to accomodate a couple of chairs to rest solidly on, but didn’t get a picture. 

My daughter and son-in-law recently purchased an Umarex Gauntlet two .25 cal for my Bday. They had to pre-order it as it has not hit the shelves yet. (Tentatively Sept 3rd 🤞🏻) Anyway, I plan on making another concrete shooting table in my back yard for shooting my first pcp. We live on the outside edge of town and air rifles are legal to shoot. Im contemplating posting a video on how I made it. Is that something anybody would be interested in? If I remember correctly, it was around $100 in materials. Just a thought…..

0CA28827-B435-4336-8C48-9092FBBF50D0.1629652583.jpeg
B4B83C64-C15A-4560-A122-0F8E16875E39.1629652585.jpeg

That's a fine looking shooting table, and I bet it really does the job. Nice work!

I have contemplated building my own shooting bench either from wood or concrete based on some plans I have pulled off the 'net. But I can never seem to get off my @ss and do it, so I end up buying another Stable Table, which are pretty good but nowhere near as solid as what you made. And now with the prices of lumber... (just another one of my excuses at the moment).

I would love to see a 'how to' on making your bench. Might be even easier to just take a series of still shots during the construction, and providing some text notes. Video would be good as well, but I know from personal experience that those are a lot more work.

Thanks!

Calbarry,

I believe it took right at or just under 20 80lb bags of concrete. I also bought a bag of just straight Portland cement. I added the portland cement to the bags of concrete I mixed for the actual table. Although the portland cement does add strength to the concrete, it wasn’t necessary for that purpose, it adds a better “cream” to the concrete for a nicer, less “rocky” appearance. To answer your question, Im guessing the table weighs between 1600-1700 lbs. I only dug holes for sonatube legs about 12” deep and belled out, or tapered, the bottom of the hole as frost heave will not affect the integrity of the bench. 

Reactions: bf1956