DIY, building a bipod extension (Video)

It do annoy me many guns are designed like this and so necessitate solutions like this, or aftermarket chassis like the K&L one for my maverick

There should be a proper bipod mounting location, or sling mount on every gun, this idea with a little rail just in front of the trigger, that i feel is a bit like pulling the leg on people.

As a result i have ditched the bottle / tube clamps i have been using, and gotten a caldwell BR support i can rest and fix the bottle / tube in, this way at least when the gun are not in use it dont look stupid.

Even if i as a Dane, and for us not atypical, to have function over form,,,,, hence the term "Danish design" for really understated design, then here i must insist on not needing to strap on too many aftermarket parts, not lease when it should not really be needed in the first place.

thanks for posting. this is probably helpful for folks without a hand guard or something further forward.

you illustrate an important point, in that it isn't where the bipod is connected to the rifle, but rather the location of the bipod feet that matters. my point is just that using a bipod that rotates 45deg can extend that pivot point forward. i actual prefer this on my gas guns where there is a full length rail because there is less "wobble" (imho).

as for the rail being close to the trigger guard...this is ideal for a tripod...

*proper use of a rear bag and controlled breathing is going to help