• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AEA Diving into "Big Bore"

Ok, so maybe I should have said "dipping my toe." I picked up a 357 Challenger from Bintac. The long stock version, and not the "Big 9." I mainly wanted to give it a go and get back into casting bullets. Best results so far are with Lee 9mm 125 Tumble Lube molds. I found out it does like to be cleaned. Noticed my groups were spreading out a bit, (left target) and ran a couple dry patches, (center target). Thought if a little is good, more is better, so ran a couple patches with Ballistol and more dry patches, (right target). I know it's been said here before, guess I had to experience before putting into practice!
20230907_175946.jpg
20230910_101233_2.jpg

Careful big bores are addictive. I speak from experience.:0
Boy you're not kidding! I started the pneumatic adventure with an Umarex Origin, which I really like. A month or so ago it developed a slow leak so I sent it in for warranty repair. Great customer service by the way. Anyway, the next week a new gun shows up. It's still sitting in the box 3 weeks later. I just love shooting the Challenger 9. Hardly ever shoot anything else!

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Big bores like to be clean!!! If your already casting give powder coating a try...It helps with leading.... Looks like you have a shooter😀
I had tried powder coating and didn't have much luck before I discovered the miracle of cleaning. Got some PC pellets back out and shot a decent group at 50. Then tried the 75 yard plate. 5 straight hits, but I couldn't see where, so I got the yellow paint and scored a perfect panda!
20230920_181701.jpg

I've been getting 5 shots on the regulator with 81 grain pellets at 935 fps. Wanted to get 8 in the 850 range. The magazine holds 8 so you should get 8 shots right? Adjusted about an eight of a turn and now get 8 shots at 860ish. The more I shoot the more impressed I am with this gun. If there's a better value on the market, I haven't seen it!
Screenshot_20231001_051304_FX Radar~2.jpg

Reactions: RM.510bigbore