• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Dive shop compressor to Air Venturi 66 Carbon Tank adapter

BDX

Sep 4, 2018
CA
I bought a Life Extended Air Venturi Carbon Fiber Tank. Based on the folks at PA recommendation I also bought a male male adapter to fit the microbore quick connect fitting on the tanks hose to mate with the hose coming from the dive shops compressor. 

Ill cut it short and simply say the DOT LE Recertified stamp threw them for a loop as they had never seen one. No problem, I sent them info on the DOT permit that allows these recerts and even my order number from PA as well as Air Venturis and PAs phone numbers so they can calll and satisfy themselves. 

However, they took one look at the male male adapter I had stuck in the end of the air tanks microbore hose quick connect and big question mark bubbles appeared over their heads. They immediately started talking about disconnecting the microbore hose at the tank and connecting directly to the tanks fitting. I’d just as soon not have that fitting loosened and tightened on a regular basis, so what adapter do I need that will allow them to simply plug or thread their compressor connection via an adapter to the microbore quick connect?

A big adjustable to remove it and they screw in direct. I don't need any additional tape or sealant to reconnect. I experienced the same thing, on a Joe B. Some shops have an adapter to connect to the male foster. Some shops only have 4000 psi in their tanks, as scuba is usually only filled to 3000.

Thanks for the reply guod123. I take it you mean big adjustable "wrench"? That's the process I'd like to avoid, constantly detaching/reattaching that threaded connection thereby eliminating the possibility of accidentally cross threading the tank connection. 

These guys can do 4500 no problem but they didn't have the adapter that would allow them to connect to the male/male adapter on the quick connect on the end of my microbore hose...I'm willing to buy the adapter they'd need but I'm completely thrown by what to get. The choices out there on say Pyramyd Air ar enormous and I'm simply not sure which if any of these will work.

Joe Krooze first went to a local dive shop and they were unable to fill his Benjamin tank, and then only to 4K, I experienced the same. Most shops are just comfortable with dive tanks, after many fill ups there it still depends on the guy behind the counter. I'll stop in and if one of the rookies are there, I know I'm going to get the foster removed and handed to me with whatever air is available in the first tank. The more experienced ones grab an adapter and bypass the holding tank and fill to 4700 hot. At 15.00 a fill you pay for the needed adapter quick. The one adapter has a screw on similar to the tank and ends in a foster female that hook onto the tank.

Saw those, does it require the extra long or can you with the shorter female DIN? The ones I saw were Pyramyd just about every adapter wasv ‘spoink’ right in front of me. There was a short version. But paps the longer allows more flexibility. The guy said o ring connection were important in the connectionim not sure if meant something in the DIN or elsewhere. 

Joe Krooze first went to a local dive shop and they were unable to fill his Benjamin tank, and then only to 4K, I experienced the same. Most shops are just comfortable with dive tanks, after many fill ups there it still depends on the guy behind the counter. I'll stop in and if one of the rookies are there, I know I'm going to get the foster removed and handed to me with whatever air is available in the first tank. The more experienced ones grab an adapter and bypass the holding tank and fill to 4700 hot. At 15.00 a fill you pay for the needed adapter quick. The one adapter has a screw on similar to the tank and ends in a foster female that hook onto the tank.

Thanks! and just so...Working on the owner of this first shop for exactly that so if he does any of his staff ‘should’ follow suit. I’m new to the shop would like to be as test customer and told him as much as part of passing banner. I’ll ease him along a bit. On another note my fills aren’t quite as $high as yours but then we have a LOT of dive shops locally. Eventually I’ll hook up.